Rowdy Roddy Piper

humourI put up a little something about WrestleMania III the other day, and that sparked a comments discussion about the WWE vs. TNA. If you're interested in wrestling, you'll want to click over and check out that thread.

I don't know anything about TNA wrestling, but I do remember Rowdy Roddy Piper. Hot Rod was my favourite, and I'd tune in weekly to hear him on the Piper's Pit.

We all know "For Everybody" was the best track on The Wrestling Album. JYD, Jimmy Hart and Captain Lou contributed gems, but Hot Rod stole the show.

roddy

Hobo Joe

Hot Rod at his best with one of the best all time movie lines:

April 13, 2010 @ 9:44 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

The reason that line is in the movie is that Roddy gave the director a bunch of lines he'd said in wrestling 'promos' and they decided that line was a good fit ... good call.

& who can forget when he cracked a coconut over Jimmy Snuka's skull. He also kicked Cyndi Lauper, daughter of the late Capt. Lou Albano...

April 13, 2010 @ 10:16 PM

Of course, the late great Captain Lou Albano wasn't really Cyndi Lauper's dad. He just played the role in music videos and in the WWF.

April 14, 2010 @ 8:02 AM

jason | getyouroj.com

Well I was "worked" - I always assumed it was legit.

April 14, 2010 @ 8:37 AM

This is the scene in the movie where I tell you wrestling is fake and something inside you dies just a little.

April 14, 2010 @ 8:47 AM

Buffao Boy Mike

Loved Hot Rod love his cameos even though he looks a bit scrawnier than he used to but geez he was one of the all time greats and easily my favorite wrestler of all time.

April 14, 2010 @ 3:04 PM

BoneChain

He was great in 'They Live'
My favorite B-movie.