Hostess Chips WWF Stickers

RewindYouTube user Retrontario frequently uploads fantastic retro-Toronto-centric gems. These clips never fail to bring back a ton of memories for me, so I feature them from time to time.

In 1987, there was a Hostess potato chips promotion where you'd get a WWF sticker in each bag. My buds and I bought a bag a day collecting these things. I always bought hot bbq and I remember the small bags were only 45¢.

Those were the days.

Alvin

I think I still have some of those stickers in an old box here somewhere. Great times!

April 25, 2010 @ 9:20 PM

Steve

I'm not sure how many of those I managed to collect when I was a kid, but I had a bunch of them. I think they've all been lost now, wish I knew where they were.

April 26, 2010 @ 7:54 AM

JF

I don't remember the wwf stickers...I do remember when they gave out music stickers though. I remember having Prince and Honeymoon Suite....

April 26, 2010 @ 11:34 AM

zach smith

Music stickers I remember :
Van Halen
Scandal
ZZ Top
Honeymoon Suite
Prince
Billy Joel

I think there was 20 different stickers
I can't remember the others.
Can someone help me ?

June 19, 2010 @ 4:23 PM

zach smith

After reflection, i think there was these albums too.
But I'm not 100% sure.
Bruce Sprinsteen
The Honeydrippers
Bryan Adams
David Lee Roth
Foreigner
Cindy Lauper
and Madonna

June 19, 2010 @ 4:37 PM

Giuseppe

I have the full set of these (WWF) in a comic book board/bag. Haven't been opened since 1987. Wonder if they are work anything?

June 19, 2010 @ 10:34 PM

jefflangille

i still have the following, simpsons, star wars, star trek, nba, classic cars, and even the complete collection (over 100) of the tatoos which included bloody fangs, skelleton female with green hair, bloody tear drops etc. found them all in albums a year ago from when i was a kid, my dad ran a hockey rink and after hockey games i would sneak around the stand and pick them up as people threw them away! good memories
have no idea what these sets are worth, all still in plastic! oh and the esso hockey cards, loved those things.

December 22, 2011 @ 1:26 AM

+ Van Halen - 1984
+ Wham - Make It Big
+ ZZ Top – Eliminator
Bryan Adams –Reckless

March 22, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

Anonymous

The Cars should be added to this list. I think Bryan Adams doesn't belongs there

March 25, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

Shona Chaisson

Hello
I work for Habitat for Humanity NS ReStore we have had a donation of Westlemania stickers, simpsons, 80's bands, movies, and basketball sticker/mini cards. They all have come out of hostess pototoe chip bags in the 80" any ideas of value?

August 8, 2012 @ 1:03 PM