He Is Risen

bluejaysVernon Wells went six for 10 in our opening series against the Rangers, with four homers and seven RBIs. No other Blue Jay has hit a homer in the first three games of a season.

vernon

He is risen.

Andrew

Yeah, but wait till he gets back to Toronto - he could hit on the road last year but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in a Dome!

81 home games to go :)

Cheers,
Andrew

April 9, 2010 @ 9:50 AM

Ryan

this reminds me of a great line in pulp fiction.

harvey keitel's character says it to john travolta and samuel l. jackson when they think they've got their little body disposal problem sorted out.

i won't type it here since I think mike's mom reads this blog, acronymize it, and i think it applies in this scenario:

"L.N.S.S.E.O.D.Q.Y.G."

April 9, 2010 @ 10:15 AM

Ryan

sorry..3rd paragraph should read:

"i won't type it here since I think mike's mom reads this blog, so i'll just acronymize it, and i think it applies in this scenario:"

April 9, 2010 @ 10:17 AM

Chris in EY

Martinez mentioned the other day that Wells has the most April RBIs in majors over the last three years.

I'm continually surprised he wasn't in the Mitchell Report.

April 9, 2010 @ 1:25 PM

James

haha...love it, Mike.

Yeah, it's only 3 games, but he didn't have 3 games this good in ALL of 2009. He hadn't had a multihomer game since 2008 or home runs in game to back games since 2008.

I think it's pretty clear that wrist injuring was screwing with him last year. 30 year old guys don't go from being that good to that bad overnight, barring injuries or something odd (like steroids).

If Vernon's healthy, he should have a good year. It's been great to see. If you happened to read those recent articles about all his charity work, he seems like a good guy.

April 9, 2010 @ 2:00 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

You know, Im not getting my hopes up but gee, you have to wonder, if this guy has a great year like hes capable of having.....maybe....just maybe...this year wont be a lost cause like everyone is saying, alot still needs to go right BUT Vernon Wells is capable of carrying this team

April 9, 2010 @ 4:51 PM

Bryon

Let's just hope he ends the season with more than 4 home runs.

April 9, 2010 @ 4:57 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Lets hope he ends the season lol

April 9, 2010 @ 5:08 PM

James

I don't think he'll ever be worth the money, that was a pretty crazy time for contracts.

But if he can be a good bat, maybe put up a .300 25/30 Hrs and about 100RBIs then I'll be happy.

April 9, 2010 @ 5:48 PM