The White Stripes - Black Math Live in Canada

MP3I share an MP3 from my collection every Wednesday. You have seven days to grab this week's MP3. Please right-click your mouse and select "Save Link As..." or "Save target as..." so you can download it to your PC before playing.

play The White Stripes - Black Math Live
The White Stripes have released a documentary film and accompanying live album entitled "Under Great White Northern Lights" which documents their 2007 tour across Canada.

I'm enjoying the live album and I'm sharing "Black Math" because it's one of my favourite White Stripes tunes.

410px-UGWNL_film

The White Stripes: The best band of the past decade. Agree or disagree?

felix

Never really understood what all the fuss was about, so I guess I'd have to disagree.

March 17, 2010 @ 8:26 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

disagree there are better....there have to be better right? if they are the best then we are in trouble....Green Day? I don't have an answer to that but it can't be the White Stripes

March 18, 2010 @ 8:00 AM

Ajax Mike

Best band, not sure. Most influential? Perhaps. If you just said Jack White rather than the White Stripes, it bumps it up another notch.

Have you seen "It Might Get Loud," the documentary with Jack White, The Edge and Jimmy Page? Pretty good stuff.

March 18, 2010 @ 1:10 PM

I couldn't help but notice nobody can name a better band from the past 10 years...

I just realized I asked this same question a few years ago:

March 18, 2010 @ 1:13 PM

LEW

Spank Rock for me.

March 18, 2010 @ 3:47 PM

Paul T

Agreed...No one post year 2000 has his talent..or his passion!! watch It Might Get Loud!!!

March 18, 2010 @ 4:58 PM

clipyvet

You've got my back, Mike... Can't think of a better band this decade better than The White Stripes!!

I believe I said something similar in a previous post of yours: http://www.torontomike.com/2004/01/top_102_songs_of_2003.html#comments

And as well on my own blog: http://tevytown.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/2000s-favourites-music-the-best-album-of-the-decade/

March 18, 2010 @ 11:14 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Jack White and Meg bring an independance to their music that you just don't find with any band today, fack with Auto Tune and American Karaoke (Idol) music has been at it's lowest point since Disco. The Great White Northern Lights tour was further proof of this, most agents or record companies would have shuddered if one of their acts had proposed this. I'm on the fence about best band but really can't name an alternative with their stature. How about coolest band of the last decade.

March 19, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Of course after posting I reread my comments, and meant to imply that the The Great White Northern Lights tour was proof of the White Stripes greatness and independance.

March 19, 2010 @ 9:05 PM