Taliban Mike?

QuestionFreddie P finally wrote about Stephen Harper's request to prorogue Parliament. Fred's got a hard on for Stevie, anointing him "the rational man" no matter what he says or does.

Fred's entry opened with a direct shot at yours truly. "Check out the crap going on over at Taliban Mike. I really don't know where to begin with this stuff."

That's right, Fred called me Taliban Mike. To prove a forced point, he's comparing me to that fundamentalist Islamic militia. It's a remarkably offensive stretch, but I know Fred's just playing shock jock. I'm not alone in my opinion of Harper's latest insult to democracy.

I'd like to address one commenter over on Freddie's entry. It's by Dial Twister and he/she asks:

Either you're quite willing to throw your (former?) friend, Toronto Mike, under the bus, or the two of you have a publicity pact going on.

Firstly, there's no publicity pact here. I found out about "Taliban Mike" when it showed up in my Google Reader. As for throwing me under the bus, he's done it before. We disagree fundamentally on so many things but it never messes with our friendship. His politics are a little far to the right for my liking, but he's good people and I love the peckerhead.

And no, there's no truth to the rumour that I'm keeping Humble and Fred's Fifth Podcast hostage. Dan Duran is the bottleneck there, I swear.

J P B

No offense to Fred - I've enjoyed reading his blog the last couple years and he seems like a great guy - but he's kind of been losing me lately.

The propagation of commercials where men are 'physically abused by women'? The Blue Jays as good as gone because there's no 'baseball fans in Toronto'. And now 'Taliban Mike'?

Not to mention his politics. He's kind of at the stage where he hates everything the Liberals/NDP do and loves anything the Conservatives do no matter what it is - it's like a Canadian Fox News over there.

Doesn't seem like the guy I loved listening to when I was growing up!

January 1, 2010 @ 8:07 PM

Pete

I love that Google ads has plastered your site with "appropriate advertising" consider what Fearless Fr, nope, that's taken, Crotchety Fred has called you.

I'm with JPB, Freddie P lost me last year, waaay too opinionated for me. Of course, that's the best part about the Internet, I don't like what he has to say anymore, so I don't have to go there. And for Freddie P, he can keep saying whatever he likes, it's his blog.

--Pete

January 1, 2010 @ 8:28 PM

Mississauga

T.O. Mike

You put yourself out there but you're not willing to take your lumps. Get over it.

For all those who say they don't read Freddie P(nudge nudge wink wink) anymore because of his opinions, give me a break. I don't agree with everything the man says but he doesn't sugar coat it so that it goes down easier for all of you. Grow up!

January 1, 2010 @ 11:06 PM

elvis

It took me months to ignore Argie but only a few days to decide to ignore Mississauga.

I know what pasta NOT to buy now.

January 2, 2010 @ 7:39 AM

Freddie P.

At 53 I don't have a hard on for Stephen Harper.. it's more of a firm on!

January 2, 2010 @ 8:53 AM

jason | getyouroj.com

Fred, bt/wn your hard on for Harper and your hard on for Corus how do you get any sleep...

January 2, 2010 @ 11:00 AM

John Barton

Maybe his site is just a conspiracy to make so many dumb posts as to discredit the Conservatives. To hell with that idiot.

January 2, 2010 @ 12:01 PM

Argie

Elvis,

You ignore me??? Where's the love, man?

January 2, 2010 @ 3:18 PM

LEW

Did you put the ad for Muslima.com on the sidebar? Very, very funny - I finally found humour in "Taliban Mike"

January 2, 2010 @ 8:27 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

yes, tell us more about muslim matrimonials!!

January 3, 2010 @ 11:11 AM

Mike from Lowville

“Once more let me remind you what fascism is. It need not wear a brown shirt or a green shirt -- it may even wear a dress shirt. Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." - Tommy Douglas on Fascism

That begs the question, did Tommy know Harper?

January 3, 2010 @ 11:37 AM

Mississauga

Elvis, you hurt my feelings.

January 3, 2010 @ 1:57 PM