I'm With Coco

coco

Likely

I'm with coco fo sho sho

January 14, 2010 @ 1:24 AM

McNulty

I think this is really an NBC issue and not as much about Jay Leno.

Leno didn't want to leave The Tonight Show but NBC made a promise to Conan or Conan would leave.

So did Conan force Jay off the show in the first place?

NBC is the only one to blame here. They obviously suck at managing contracts, people and TV schedules.

But in the end, I do support Coco. Leno is pretty terrible.

January 14, 2010 @ 8:15 AM

Chris in EY

This about Leno. From what I remember, he told NBC when he wanted to retire. NBC made the arrangements to avoid another Letterman/Leno situation. Leno changed his mind. At least that's what I remember. But like Roger Clemens I can definitely misremember things.

Leno is the one looking bad here. NBC looks bad, but except for Must See Thursdays and the late night lineup, NBC has always looked bad.

January 14, 2010 @ 10:16 AM

McNulty

It also begs the question,
how would Leno have done if Carson took a 10:00 show. Probably not very well.

January 14, 2010 @ 10:22 AM

Hector

Coco....Go back to 12:30.

January 14, 2010 @ 12:00 PM

CQ

McNulty: viewers would have turned to an unheard of new invention, to all the lead-in talk, the remote control ;)

I'd guess though that Leno at the oddly timed post-:35 schedule likely did draw notably more viewers to their affiliate evening news than as being on a commonly 10-11 p.m. scheduled show perfectly timed against everything else.

January 14, 2010 @ 6:33 PM

Wayner

Today's blogs are reporting that the 11:35 spot has been given back to Leno - not the best choice but the safe choice in NBC's eyes. He will grab back the 50+ years olds that Conan lost...unfortunate.

January 15, 2010 @ 12:30 PM