The Tree is Up

christmasThe tree is up. The kids did pretty much all the decorating, and I just stood around taking pictures.

We usually put up the Christmas tree the first weekend of December. If you put up a tree, when do you put it up?

dec6 010 dec6 006

Mike from Lowville

Same here. Outside lights on by the first of December.

December 6, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

The_Voice

My girlfriend did mine just after remembrance day.

December 6, 2009 @ 11:27 PM

McNulty

I usually do it on the last weekend of November. But we also have it all gone before Jan 1.

December 7, 2009 @ 7:35 AM

Marnie

First week of December. Outdoor lights end of Nov before it gets cold.

Replaced all the old dying incandescent mini lights this year with LED. Can't say I like them much but Canadian Tire had some non-NOMA ones that look more authentic on the tree itself.

December 7, 2009 @ 7:54 AM

The_Voice

OH!!! There was the year we didn't take down the tree. It was mid-January, and we got the ornaments down, but I couldn't be bothered with the tree. So I left it. Around march, we decorated it for Spring. Then in summer, we changed the decorations to summer. In the fall, it became a "halloween tree". And then when December came around, we made it Christmas again.

It was the year with the tree!

December 7, 2009 @ 9:34 AM

Boomer

The last weekend in November we go north to a tree farm on top of the Oak Ridges moraine. The view of the lake up there is incredible. We usually take about 45 minutes to pick the perfect tree and then cut it down.

It comes down the first weekend in the New Year. The tree is so fresh I swear it could stay up until Valentines Day!

December 7, 2009 @ 9:59 AM

jason | getyouroj.com

I don't see the point of cutting down a tree just to stick in in your house for a month and deal with the mess later. Trees are best left growing in the ground, but I respect one's wishes to do so since in the bible Jesus did say he wanted some fat guy Coca Cola invented and a bunch of dead trees to symbolize the sacifices he made for those of us that really think there's a hell we're all going to... (it might be slightly better than a fake tree made in China but some 12 year old though)

Merry Christmas :P

December 7, 2009 @ 7:53 PM

Boomer

Yup jason, someone says it's black and you say it's white.

You are "Argie light"