Maple Leafs 5, Hurricanes 6

LeafsEnough is a enough. We jumped out in front 3-0, coughed that one up and blew a 4-2 lead in the 3rd. Ian White then scored with 30 seconds remaining, but the Leafs couldn't hold the 5-4 lead. Erik Cole scored with three seconds left to force overtime.

The Monster did his best Tosky impression in the shootout, and the rest is history. We couldn't hold a 3-0 lead against the worst team in the NHL. The only silver lining is that this total collapse should spur Brian Burke to actually do something. Let's shake this thing up.

And then, it's time to follow these three simple steps the rest of the way.

3-steps

bmo

Fire Wilson. Trade Kessel. God is dead.

November 19, 2009 @ 11:16 PM

Irvine

This is more example of that "competitive" right Mike

LOL.

November 19, 2009 @ 11:25 PM

Irvine, how long are you going to take that quote out of context.

We had points in seven straight games. I said we were competitive, I didn't say we were world beaters and I didn't say we were a playoff team.

Now, we're not as competitive. In fact, this current squad doesn't look like it would beat my Friday night team. It's disgusting, and we're not at all happy, but we're not about to abandon the team. That's not how it works. Hopefully Burke does something to clear out the deadwood, brings up the kids and gives us fans something to sink our teeth into.

We're in the dumps right now, and it's bad, but it won't last forever. Nothing lasts forever.

November 19, 2009 @ 11:32 PM

Irvine

Mike, you and the rest of the Leaf fans need to shut up and get over yourself. You go on a 2 game winning streak and suddenly it's all 'good' again. You are forgetting I lived on Southern Ontario for 15 years.

You're in second last place dude, your team is the richest in the league. You've missed the playoff for half a decade. You have no super stars.

As long as you support these losers the powers that be will put out a lousy team. Would you go eat at a restaurant with maggots in the food?

Leaf fans should SHUT THE EFF UP and do something. That's STOP being fans.

November 19, 2009 @ 11:35 PM

elvis

What's it to you if Leaf fans continue to be Leaf fans? Maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop reading Mike's blog if you hate Leaf fans so much.

November 20, 2009 @ 6:08 AM

@Irvine

If it's okay with you, I'll root for the teams I want to root for, and conversely, I'll let you root for the teams you want to root for.

I proudly choose not to stop being a fan. If you've got a problem with that, you can shut the fuck up.

November 20, 2009 @ 7:59 AM

Mississauga Mike

Seriously, I was raised a Leaf fan growing up but when Carolina was clawing back each goal got more and more laughter from me. It was all too natural to me...

November 20, 2009 @ 10:19 AM

David

Every day the Laughs lose is sweet sweet day. And when they lose the way they did last night oh boy break out the champagne! Up 3 goals after one period and Leaf's nation all boggley eyed thinking my team is back they find a way to lose. Did I forget to mention it was against the last place team in the East? I better drop by TSN to see what kind of spin they are putting on the Laughs this time.

November 20, 2009 @ 3:10 PM

Fredericton Steve

Hey Irvine,

Do you really think that MLSE doesn't want to produce a winner? I'm sure they would love the extra ticket revenue from playoff games and increase merch sales.

November 20, 2009 @ 3:17 PM

Irvine

Freddie Steve: If MLSE wanted it could skate a contender at the least. It's got the money.

It won't because why would it. People keep showing up paying outrageous ticket prices. You fools sit around bemoaning the Leafs yet ya'll keep showing up.

MLSE aren't the idiots. The Leafs aren't the idiots. YOU are the idiots for supporting a train wreck.

Probably why the Leafs don't want another team nearby. It would mean competition and they'd have to step it up.

I think I'll be a quasi Hab's fan JUST to watch them beat your sorry asses a few times a year. We don't get that pleasure out here in Calgary.

November 20, 2009 @ 3:50 PM

Fredericton Steve

Hey Irvine are you stupid or do you just play it on the internet?

In the salary cap NHL what difference does the amount of money MLSE spends matter? They are all spending to the max that they can.

November 20, 2009 @ 4:10 PM

Sens Rule

Hey Fredericton Steve, You are the idiot here. If you think it just all about the salary cap you are the idiot. As a leafs fan I am sure you don't know the concept of developing players, but investing large amounts of money in farm team, scouting coaches etc. When will this organization smarten up and take notice what other teams have been doing. Now People are saying that Kessel is a fair trade for the high draft pick this year. I disagree, for a few reasons. The salary cap hit, apparently he is not a a great guy to have in the roon hence that is why Boston was wanting to get rid of him and that the first 5 picks of this years draft is pretty good. GO SENS GO Wake up leafs fans, try looking at your team like the rest of the nation is doing. Its a joke from top to bottom

November 20, 2009 @ 4:23 PM

Fredericton Steve

Jokes? I like Jokes.

Did you hear the one about the team can't fill their rink even with THOUSANDS of visiting leafs fans in attendance.

I am certainly aware that there is more to it than a salary cap. However you're foolish if you think the Leafs are skimping on their team. If you haven't noticed the leafs have not had problems attracting free agents (NHL/NCAA/Europe) and many have attributed it to the leafs assets such as their state of the art practice facility.

As for the Kessel deal I feel it was a good move however I do feel I am in the minority here even amongst Leafs fans. Watching this team play every night it is evident that Burke realized the pieces he has acquired are lacking and that Phil Kessel was a better player than anyone he currently had. Burke needed a young star to build around and he does have that in Phil Kessel.

November 20, 2009 @ 4:51 PM

elvis

In addition, there are reports the Leafers are having trouble selling all of their suites.

Irvine and his gang of douchebags aren't the only ones staying away from the ACC.

Either way, really, does it matter if I continue to be a Leaf fan? No. That is what fandom is all about. Through thick and thin.

If we were to listen to Irvine, then all but one team in each sport league would have approximately zero fans.

November 20, 2009 @ 7:13 PM

Captain Kirk

That was a wonderful surprise against the Hurricanes. I've been hoping the Leafs need like 20 losses before anything is shaken up, and I have now grown to like them losing, as many as possible. -maybe try to break a record or two.

So when they were winning in the third, that peeved me. But I find out today that they lost the game ! ha ha , Tomorrow they will lose too, so we're up there quite nicely in the news and records I hope.

November 20, 2009 @ 7:59 PM