CBC Newsworld Renamed CBC News Network (CBC NN)

cbcI've already admitted I'm a CBC Newsworld fan. It's actually where I get my television news. I have several sources online, but when I'm looking for a news update on television, I get it from CBC Newsworld.

CBC Newsworld now has a new name. It's now CBC News Network (CBC NN).

That's right, they've named it CBCNN. Not CNN or BNN but CBCNN. Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

I think I'll keep calling it CBC Newsworld.

McNulty

Genius name.

I never understand the need to change a name like that. It was already well known in Canada, is this an attempt to get more international coverage?

Bring on the CNN jokes. No doubt they are coming.

October 22, 2009 @ 8:26 AM

Hector

Someone is trying to act like they know what they are doing. Just like when they brought in a new sports executive ( I can't remember her name) and she fired Ron Maclean. Sometimes people make changes to show they are in charge.

October 22, 2009 @ 8:58 AM

Horonymous

CBC NN now with more balloon boy.

October 22, 2009 @ 9:41 AM

CBC NN is too long. I'm going to shorten it to CNN.

Hold on... Time Warner is calling on line 2...

October 22, 2009 @ 9:52 AM

Argie

I have to admit I watch both CBC and CBC NN. Despite being a ardent righty, they do seem to show a lot interesting docs.

One thing though, why are there 2 stations? Many programs appear on both stations which just seems like a huge waste of taxpayers' money.

October 22, 2009 @ 12:37 PM

GC

What a coincidence, I am doing interview with someone who works for Newsworld for school. I'm going to be asking her about this.

October 22, 2009 @ 11:26 PM

elvis

A friend of mine is a producer for the morning show at Newsworld. You'll notice a few years ago they changed the colour scheme to match that of CNN. They look at CNN to be their biggest competition - not CTV.

October 24, 2009 @ 11:56 PM

georgecunningham

better, come on already lets go!!!

October 26, 2009 @ 7:00 AM