Roger Federer vs. Serena Williams in US Open Tennis

TennisI follow tennis the way I follow golf. Week to week I couldn't care less, but when it comes to Grand Slam events, I'm suddenly intrigued.

For me, Roger Federer is the Tiger Woods of tennis. That is to say that I take more of an interest when he's in the running. I root for both Federer and Woods, convinced that I'm witnessing the best their respective sports have ever produced, and I think that's pretty darn special.

This past weekend, there were a couple of moments at the US Open that were made for YouTube. First, there's Roger Federer's greatest point in tennis history.

Then, there's Serena Williams chewing out the foot fault judge during her match against Kim Clijsters.

Which is your favourite?

Faunie

No contest! Roger Federer all the way even when HE is chewing out the judge!

September 14, 2009 @ 10:57 PM

Al

I hate to say this but someone should check that girl's urine. That had roid-rage written all over it.

September 15, 2009 @ 9:32 AM

G

Fed is the man, the best the sport has ever produced.

Serena, while a true talent, is just a poor sport.

September 15, 2009 @ 10:34 AM

Gary

Tennis would be so much better without the Williams sisters.

September 15, 2009 @ 6:42 PM

Hal

Roget! Even when this guy gets pissed off he is class. I am sure he has some royal blood in him.

& screw Mary Garillo & Mac who obviously wanted this guy to lose. "SHIT" is not an obscentity like the word "F" is Garillo.

September 16, 2009 @ 12:51 PM

trent

First of all Gary shut up without the Williams Sisters tennis would be nothing. They have constantly fought against racism and sexism and still reign as the best female tennis player in the sport while have a faster serve than the average male player and could probably beat them. While I do think Roger Federer is a more overall player clearly the William Sisters reign supreme over a much more competitive field where as Federer only has Nadal and Nadal has his number!

September 17, 2009 @ 6:53 PM

Williams FTW

If Serena Williams were to compete against Roger Federer in a serious tennis match, Serena would win! That's what I think. You may think whatever you want but you can never change my mind. I believe that she is stronger and faster than him. He has no advantage being a man.

July 8, 2010 @ 9:02 PM

ferfo

federer would win 6-0 6-0, i don't believe how people think serena would beat federer, "serena is stronger and faster than federer" how you can say that hahaha i am laughting. any man ranked inside top 1000 would beat any top 10 woman

December 23, 2010 @ 6:09 PM

If Roger Federer were to actually face Serena Williams in a serious match, it would be no contest.

Federer would destroy her. I agree with @ferfo, any ranked male would beat any woman on the planet.

December 23, 2010 @ 6:19 PM

zeb

the original blog doesn't put things in a fair prospective: it shows one clip with a shot termed " greatest of all time then another with a player "chewing out" a line judge. A biased view like that draws biased comments. The article should have shown each of the players at his or her best.

February 17, 2011 @ 3:39 PM