Quick Note Re: Canadian Thinker

mouseFans of Canadian Thinker have noticed that Fred hasn't been posting as often lately. Others seem to think he's censoring comments and there's speculation that Fred's bosses at Corus have asked him to cool it.

Fred tells me Corus isn't censoring the content of his blog and he hasn't been intentionally deleting comments. He's been buried in work lately, so the blog has suffered, but he's ready to focus on Canadian Thinker once more.

As for Humble's blog, don't hold your breath. He far prefers Twitter.

Romy

I'm pretty sure several of the comments RE: Martin Streek's death were censored (I know a comment I put up was yanked). But you can't hold that against Fred. Corus are paying the bills right now. What's he supposed to do? The old adage about biting a hand comes to mind....

September 10, 2009 @ 8:05 PM

Toronto Mike

That particular subject evoked a lot of passion in people. I can personally vouch for that.

I didn't consider deleting one comment, but my pay cheques aren't signed by Corus. On that particular subject, I understand why Fred did what he did.

Has anyone else had their comment clipped on canadianthinker.com?

September 10, 2009 @ 8:48 PM

Pat

I was clipped once only due to responding to a troll. There have been 2 trolls I can think of in recent time that are a real pain.

September 10, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

Toronto Mike

I think being a public figure, and co-hosting a popular morning show on Toronto radio for a couple of decades makes you a public figure, you attract more trolls.

If the troll isn't adding value and crosses the line, that's clip-worthy. And the thread doesn't make sense unless you clip those who swallowed the troll's bait.

September 10, 2009 @ 9:15 PM

Pat

A bunch of us played with the one troll for a bit, but he got really ugly in the Streek thread(s).
I think Fred's comments/clippings gave us the hint on that practice.

September 10, 2009 @ 10:04 PM

Hector

Fred constantly deletes comments. I have had several deleted and they weren't rude or offensive.

September 11, 2009 @ 6:34 AM

Horonymous

Freddie will be back soon I'm sure. His favorite blog fodder, the Montreal Canadiens, will be back on the ice soon.

September 11, 2009 @ 7:58 AM

Argie

Mike,

This is the reason I've been hanging out here so much. I miss Freddie's comments but hey what can ya do?

How about we discuss this week's TIFF? "Toronto's second Pride Week of the year"

September 11, 2009 @ 8:38 AM

Mike from Lowville

@ Argie, lets not and say we did.

September 11, 2009 @ 8:43 AM

Toronto Mike

@Argie, that's typical 905er chatter. You guys hate the 416ers, especially the downtowners. The TIFF is very 416 and a perfect symbol for your attacks.

@Hector Fred manages his own blog - meaning he deletes spam comments independently. I wonder if he isn't accidentally deleting comments when he's pruning the spam bot junk? I know he likes the comments, so I can't see him deleting comments for sport.

FYI: I'd write about the TIFF and lots of cool stuff right now, but I'm having server issues. Patience...

September 11, 2009 @ 9:03 AM

Horonymous

Mike.

I do not as a general rule hate 416ers. Us 905 folks at one time were 416ers. My 905 address is closer to downtown T.O. than some 416 folks. Can't we all just get along?

If Argie is happy his second pride week is here I say let him come out of the outhouse a be proud of who he is.

Sending you good vibes from the 905.

Horonymous

September 11, 2009 @ 10:57 AM

Horonymous

How about a blog post about the upcoming taste of the Kingsway?

September 11, 2009 @ 11:33 AM

Argie

I reckon there will be a third pride week or more if 'Smotherman' becomes mayor. He's making Miller seem like a good choice.

September 11, 2009 @ 11:55 AM

Oliver (a/k/a Dizzy)

Freddie's back!!!

Good lord, I've missed his writing.

September 11, 2009 @ 8:09 PM