Fan 590 20/20 Sport Update Intro Music Changed

fan 590The Fan 590 has sports updates every twenty minutes. They've had this for as long as there's been a Fan 590. As a Toronto sports fan, I know I can count on these twenty/twenty sports updates.

All week, the twenty/twenty sports updates have sounded different. The intro music, music they've used for as long as I can remember, has changed. Although I've probably heard the new intro music a half dozen times now, it's not at all memorable. Like Pavlov's dogs, I knew to prick up my ears when I heard the old intro music. It's playing in my head right now. Da-da-da-da-da-DAAAA-da-da-da-DA!

I wonder why they changed it? Is anyone at Rogers reading this who can get it changed back?

Hector

I agree Mike. The new intro music is bland and lacks any distinction. It makes the radio station sound worse actually.

September 4, 2009 @ 5:13 AM

Steve

Shame they did that, I loved that old little song. I hadn't noticed this since I haven't really listened to a lot of Fan this week. Hopefully whatever they changed it to will grow on me eventually.

September 4, 2009 @ 9:37 AM

G

It was like the same damn song they played on the Weather Network for 10 years. You get used to it.

September 4, 2009 @ 10:56 AM

Gary

The music is lacluster and boring. I can't even tell when there is a sports update.

September 4, 2009 @ 2:36 PM

DodgerBlueBalls

And the new traffic update music sounds like techno house party from hell!

September 4, 2009 @ 5:27 PM

James

Since we get so much info from the net, I'd prefer if they shortened updates or cut some out all together.

I think the most listenable hour on the station is the 6 o'clock hour when there are no updates at 20 and 40.

September 8, 2009 @ 2:07 PM