Alice in Chains - Check My Brain

slsI'm submitting a song for SLS22 consideration. I'm submitting "Check My Brain" by Alice in Chains.

I'm a big Alice in Chains fan. I once tried to rank my ten favourite bands of all-time and Alice in Chains came in at #5. When I assembled my 20 desert island albums, Dirt was a shoe-in.

Layne Staley's been gone for seven years now, and he's been replaced by a guy who sounds eerily like him. I can vouch for that, having seen Alice in Chains in concert with new lead singer William DuVall a couple of years back. They've since recorded a new album, and this is the lead single.

It's pretty good.

Gary

A very over-rated band.

September 19, 2009 @ 11:16 AM

Toronto Mike

I actually think they're rather under-rated.

You hear a lot more about Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Alice in Chains seems to get overlooked.

September 19, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

CQ

Whatever happened to your/the oughta be/ top 200 of the '90s?

September 19, 2009 @ 12:21 PM

Toronto Mike

@CQ

Super busy week. I should have time this weekend to cook up my list.

Stay tuned!

September 19, 2009 @ 4:18 PM

Gary

Mike, they are overlooked because they are not that good. This song sounds like everything else they do. Boring and monotonous.

I'm not surprised that you like it.

September 19, 2009 @ 4:42 PM

jason | GetYourOJ.com

Huh?

You wanna know what I think? OK- most of the new AIC stuff sounds good. I've heard it. Many bands have attenmpted the AIC sound, and they suck (Stand, Days of The New, etc etc) so why not play the sound you helped pioneer- and do it right? I think the remaining members deserve to play the songs- the only thing is I don't really like when a band keeps the name (i.e. Blind Melon) but I'm over it.

Now as far as top 500 lists go, give me a break. Another fucking list. Wow.

September 20, 2009 @ 10:02 AM

jason | GetYourOJ.com

P.S. No-I am not Gary.. when I comment I sign my own name to it. Always have.

September 20, 2009 @ 10:05 AM