Kerry Fraser to Face the Music

nhlOn his blog, Chris Zelkovich tells me former referee Kerry Fraser will be on 640 Toronto's Leafs Lunch tomorrow from noon to 1 p.m. Yes, he'll be fielding calls from Leafs fans and I'll bet you can guess what 100% of those calls will be regarding.

Here's Fraser's infamous non-call.

You'd think watching that would hurt less and less as the years go by, but it actually hurts more today than ever. Let him have it, guys and gals.

Burlington Andy

Nope, can't watch it. But will listen to him tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

August 4, 2009 @ 3:08 PM

Down Goes Brown

I wonder if he'll stick with his "I was screened on the play, the replay clearly shows that" defense that he used a few years ago.

Kind of tough to do in the youtube era when anyone can see the replay any time they want. But who knows...

August 4, 2009 @ 3:11 PM

elvis

Where was this interview in 1993 on the Late Night Vampire's show? That would have been classic!

August 4, 2009 @ 3:14 PM

chmilhouse

It's a tough call I guess... if neither Fraser nor his linesmen saw the infraction, I can see the reason why it wasn't called. Blood or no blood, if no one witnessed the infraction there shouldn't be a call...

... or maybe they just love Wayne :)

August 4, 2009 @ 4:04 PM

LEW

Did they call diving back then?

August 4, 2009 @ 6:09 PM

elvis

Fraser has said this is a call he regrets NOT making.

August 5, 2009 @ 5:48 AM

JImmy

Anybody can regret everything after the fact. Fraser's massive EGO got in his way from doing his job.

Probably got directions from the League telling them they wanted Gretzky in the final, a la Crybaby Crosby, so do what you can.

NHL is a mickey-mouse league that is getting worse by the second with ShitHole Bettman at the helm.

Just think Montreal vs Toronto, Roy vs Felix, Wendell vs those French centers, Killer vs those suspect defence, etc. I guarantee Roy's miracles would of come to an end with the magic of the Leafs.

What will never be!!!!!

August 5, 2009 @ 12:27 PM

David

I forget, so can someone remind me how many goals Fraser scored for the Kings in Game 7 at MLG? And when do we get to talk to whoever the ref was that missed 93's head butt in Game 5?

August 5, 2009 @ 7:42 PM