Dan Duran Returns to Radio on CHFI

RadioAs seen on Canadian Thinker, former Humble and Fred producer and all around good guy Dan Duran is returning to Toronto radio as a swing announcer starting later this month. Dan Duran will be heard Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings from seven till midnight, then again from noon till six on the weekend.

I'm happy for Dan, not just as a fan of the Humble and Fred show and not just because my son and his son are good buds, but because when I was camping that rainy weekend in May it was Dan who ensured I awoke to fresh coffee brewing. He also makes a mean bonfire. He's just generally handy to have around, and the neighbourhood has been suffering since he left at the end of June. Seriously, there's literally been a foul stench in the air all summer as a result of his absence.

We've now got Humble at EZ Rock and Dan Duran at CHFI. Is there another local chick station for Freddie?

Here's a pic of Dan and I and a few other vagrants we fed that day. Dan's the tall guy in the back. If you want to hear Humble and Fred podcasts we released into the wild, get on over to https://www.torontomike.com/humbleandfred/.

The Gang

Steve

Great news. I'll have to check that out sometime. Nice to have a familiar and good voice back on the air regularly.

August 1, 2009 @ 12:56 PM

Mike from Lowville

Dan "the man" Duran, way 2 go!

August 1, 2009 @ 1:12 PM

Jimmy

Dan Duran YAWN!!!

August 1, 2009 @ 3:28 PM

Irvine

How telling that you're in the photo Mike. You always did strike me as one of those "radio DJ idolizer" types.

August 1, 2009 @ 4:37 PM

Dizzy

Great that Dan's back on the airwaves...but too bad it's on a Rogers station, and one of those elevator music stations, to boot. Oh well.

August 1, 2009 @ 6:17 PM

Toronto Mike

Irvine, ya jerk. Every radio guy I've ever chilled with is in this photo. That's it. I'm not cuddling up to Roger Ashby or Erin Davis, although I'm sure they're very cuddly.

August 1, 2009 @ 8:37 PM

Ajax Mike

Hrm. Why are there masks hung on the wall, in the middle of curtains?

August 1, 2009 @ 10:24 PM

Andrew

Yeah, but you'd have to watch out for Erin's hair... it's HUGE!!!

/love Erin
//the spouse worked at CHI-FI for three years

August 1, 2009 @ 10:46 PM

andrew

A DJ wannabee. Stern cuddly????

August 1, 2009 @ 11:28 PM

Irvine

Mike, have you ever heard the term "fag hag". It's used to describe a female that has a penchant for hanging out with gay men.

You..are a "DJ hag". You seem to need to cling on to these "radio" people far more than a 'normal' person would. Try focusing on your family or find a charity to support & work on that. If you need to idolize a "God", then buy a bible.

I'll let you in on a secret Mike. Why don't you ask some of the old timers in radio to give you the truth about some of your "radio idols". The illusion you see is not always the reality.

August 2, 2009 @ 12:35 AM

jason | Getyouroj.com

I think it looks like Mikey's wearing pyjamas but what I'd really like to know is why a "local chick station" would want to employ someone that's against breast feeding in public- sometimes you are your own worst enemy..

August 2, 2009 @ 1:05 AM

Rob

Hey Irvine,
What is your major malfunction?
Not all of the synapse firing in order?
(if not then up your meds)

Maybe Toronto Mike should have a discussion on "Should he ban the bitter Irvine".

I say good luck to Dan Duran on his new career.

And thank you Toronto Mike on helping Humble and Fred with there blogs and podcasts.

August 2, 2009 @ 7:21 AM

jason | Getyouroj.com

Rob, I'm thinking if Irvine doesn't get a post dedicated to him after that comment then it proves Mike just has a crush on me and can't help himself when he posts about me.

August 2, 2009 @ 9:54 AM

Toronto Mike

OJ Boy, I can't dedicate an entry to every bitter playa hater that comments. Think of how many comments you left before you got your entry.

I'm hoping Irvine will voluntarily tone it down. Irvine hates Toronto radio - message received. Let's move on...

August 2, 2009 @ 10:07 AM

Rob

Jason,
You should think about getting your meds upped as well.

Those voices in your head are not coming from the mother-ship.

August 2, 2009 @ 10:07 AM

Toronto Mike

@Ajax Mike
This photo is from Dan's home studio - well, his former home studio. There were lots of masks on the wall and a big diaper. It was quite the room.

Here's what was recorded that day: http://www.torontomike.com/humbleandfred/christmas2006/index.html

August 2, 2009 @ 10:13 AM

Mike from Lowville

The twats pipe in again....love it.

August 2, 2009 @ 10:33 PM

cet

okay, so what happened to Dan on CHFI? Heard him for a couple of weeks and now he's not there and no mention of him on their website either.

September 22, 2009 @ 9:06 AM

RickyP

I don't hear Dan on CHFI anymore either - no mention on the website - the link you posted is hidden? - What's up?

October 16, 2009 @ 1:22 PM

I honestly don't know...

When I find out, I'll add that detail here.

October 16, 2009 @ 1:51 PM