Presidential Treatment: Fox Won't Air Obama Pitch Live

usaIt's no secret I like President Obama. I still like him. He's the coolest prez ever.

Obama threw out the first pitch at the All-Star Game last night, and Fox gave him presidential treatment. Watch him deliver the pitch below and tell me how he did. It's impossible to tell whether he threw a strike, a wild pitch or bounced one in.

This camera angle is so ridiculous I almost want to suggest that Obama hedged his bets in case he blew his pitch, and asked Fox not to show the results of his pitch live. I almost want to suggest that, but this is Obama we're talking about. I have no doubt he threw a 98 mph strike.

Ryan

I watched it live and that is not the camera angle that was used. I saw the entire pitch clearly when watching.

July 15, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

Toronto Mike

What? You're ruining my conspiracy theory!

I was at the hospital when this went down live and I thought this was the live footage. Now I have to go hunting for what was shown live...

July 15, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Toronto Mike

Ryan, you know how I hate to disagree with you, but here's the live footage and it doesn't show the pitch reaching Pujhols.

July 15, 2009 @ 9:54 PM

Ryan

Here is what I know. I was watching it on Sportsnet. I am pretty sure it was the same as what was broadcast on Fox.

I saw him pitch and it was very slow with a large arch and dipped severely low to where the catcher had to move up a bit to grab it.

I know this. Now I will wait for others who watched it live to comment.

Mike, you know how I hate to disagree with you.....

July 15, 2009 @ 10:02 PM

Toronto Mike

That sounds like a replay aired later in the game. The live footage of Obama's pitch doesn't show Pujhols at all.

It's difficult to show a ceremonial first pitch without showing the pitch all the way to the catcher, but Fox pulled it off for the Big O!

July 15, 2009 @ 10:05 PM

Down Goes Brown

Yes, if there's one network that will do anything it can to support Obama, it's Fox.

July 15, 2009 @ 10:17 PM

Toronto Mike

Hey Ry, if you saw the pitch reach Pujhols live, you must have been in St. Louis.

July 15, 2009 @ 10:19 PM

Toronto Mike

DGB: Fox hates Obama so much, they refused to air his 98 mph strike.

July 15, 2009 @ 10:20 PM

Megan

I watched it on Sportsnet and they showed it from the outfield camera. You could see the pitch to the catcher fine. It looked like a half-decent pitch!

July 15, 2009 @ 10:26 PM

Ryan

Megan I love you!!!

Her story matches mine. Now to validate if Sportsnet had Fox's coverage.

July 15, 2009 @ 10:27 PM

Toronto Mike

Was the shot from the outfield camera the shot they showed live or the replay they showed a couple of innings later?

I'm guessing Sportsnet aired the Fox feed and not their own...

July 15, 2009 @ 10:28 PM

Toronto Mike

Twitter to the rescue!

Sportsnet and Fox aired different angles of Obama's pitch.

July 15, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

elvis

Sportsnet's feed is always the international feed of MLB (you'll notice different announcers in addition to different pictures). Same goes for the World Series. Are you guys new? It's impossible for me to know everything but reading this blog makes me believe I do.

July 15, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

Andrew

Where's Argie with an Anti-Obama rant and how the pitch was making the US "less safe".

July 16, 2009 @ 8:20 AM

Argie

Sorry Andrew - I was sleeping last night.....

As for T.O. Mike's Obama man crush, no surprise really. Anything this Affirmative Action recipient does is considered ground breaking by the guilt ridden yuppie, self hating white liberal crowd, many of who reside in the city of toronto.

So how's that for an anti Obama rant? And yes, the US and Canada is much less safe than it was 6 months ago.

July 16, 2009 @ 9:09 AM

Toronto Mike

Is it still Dan Shulman and Buck Martinez doing the Jays games?

Or is it Don Chevrier and Tony Kubek?

July 16, 2009 @ 9:22 AM

Toronto Mike

And Elvis, although your short lived blog is now in the Dead Pool, don't feel bad. 9 out of 10 blogs fail in their first year. It's not for everyone.

July 16, 2009 @ 9:23 AM

elvis

Wow, attacks now on things you know aren't true?

July 16, 2009 @ 11:23 AM

Megan

Always here to help Ryan... lol

July 16, 2009 @ 11:59 AM

Mike from Lowville

....aren't true Mike......invite only.....not dead......

July 16, 2009 @ 3:52 PM

Toronto Mike

Elvis, your blog is for invited peeps only, invite me!

July 16, 2009 @ 3:54 PM

Ryan

Mike, i was watching it live on Sportsnet and as Megan said it was a clear shot from the outfield and showed everything including Pujols catching it.

More investigation required sir!!!

July 16, 2009 @ 7:07 PM

Ryan

Here is my take:

There are probably many different angles of the pitch taken. They definitely aired the pitch live on a camera angle that MLB has decided not to endorse or allow people to use.

However Mike, if you want to kinda see Pujols catch the thing here is a slightly wider shot of the one you saw where you can see the pitch itself.

PEACE!!!!

July 16, 2009 @ 7:15 PM

Ryan

Okay, check this out:

It helps your argument but you will see the pitch.

July 16, 2009 @ 7:21 PM

Toronto Mike

Canadians don't vote in US elections.

The footage above is from Fox for those of us without HD. That's most Americans.

July 17, 2009 @ 9:20 AM