I Feel Like I'm Missing Out As A Non-Trekker

VideoI'm not in the club, but it's times like these that I wish I was. All around me there's a buzz amongst the Trekkers. They're talking about the new J.J. Abrams' Star Trek movie opening this weekend.

I tried, but I could never get into it. I'm sure I'm missing out, but what's a guy to do? You either dig something or you don't. You can't force it.

You're not in the club, but you wish you were, because they all look so damn happy.

I felt the same way when the Lord of the Rings films were coming out. I also felt this way on Easter weekend.

Donna Vitan

You're not missing out on anything actually.

May 5, 2009 @ 4:50 PM

Argie

Its Ok Mike - keep worshipping the God of consumerism. You're doing well....

May 5, 2009 @ 4:55 PM

Stephanie Wilkinson

no, no, no... Never think you're missing out on anything when it comes to Trekkies... That's just a really, really weird world...

May 5, 2009 @ 6:09 PM

The_Voice

I guess I'm the sole trekkie/trekker (whichever is preferred :)) to visit here :).

I'm VERY excited by the new film. Heck, I'm surprised that non-Trek fans AREN'T excited, as they're trying to get new fans with this massive reboot.

Mike, you should still see it (if you get the chance... I'm sure being a parent makes it not-as-easy), as they want people who weren't fans to become fans :)

May 5, 2009 @ 7:03 PM

elvis

Don't go to the dark side Mike...use the Force.

May 5, 2009 @ 9:40 PM

felix

You're not alone, I'm stoked about the new Trek film, too.

May 5, 2009 @ 11:39 PM

Wayner

I'm a big star trek fan mostly of the kirk/spock era...but I have watched and enjoyed some episodes of the next generation (do we want to debate kirk vs. picard?). I am looking forward to the new release but I fear that I will have to bribe my kids to come with...

May 6, 2009 @ 8:07 AM

James Edgar

I'm a fan if not a Trekkie. I'll try to see it but realistically it will be a DVD next winter.

May 6, 2009 @ 9:21 AM

Annemarie

My high school sweetheart was a big trekkie/trekker (prob still is) and I purposely avoided anything Star Trek in the 5 yrs. we dated & even I have to admit the trailer for the new movie has me wanting to see it. It always catches my attention when it comes on.

May 6, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

kedar Neupane

.This is Neupane from Nepal. Nepal is Best destination for adventure lover. Many tourist visits this tiny country during the year. I'm travel agent for Nepal & Tibet for long period. I offer you visit Nepal once time in your life to get teat of adventure
for more