First Camping Trip of the Year

campingThe first camping trip of 2009 is planned for this weekend. My son and I are heading to the local Beaveree tonight where we'll pitch a tent and spend a couple of nights under the stars and away from the laptop.

Typically, I don't schedule camping trips for May, because it's so hit and miss. But, this is a Scouts Canada thing, so here's hoping the rain goes away and we get some sunshine.

I'll be back Sunday. Hit up the archives if you're missing me. There's almost 9000 entries there to catch up on.

The Tent

Argie

But Mike, I thought you'd be outside the conventional centre protesting against Dubya. I'll be across the street (draped in a huge US flag) heckling the protestors.

There's always another anti-US rally we can meet up at.

May 29, 2009 @ 1:58 PM

elvis

Should you really be pitching a tent with your son?

EH OH!

May 29, 2009 @ 2:03 PM

Toronto Mike

Argie, Ajax Mike and I thought of you when we read this article. http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/642352

Was Bush on a mission from God?

Stranger still are new accounts emerging from France describing how former president Jacques Chirac was utterly baffled by a 2003 telephone conversation in which Bush reportedly invoked fanatical Old Testament prophecy – including the Earth-ending battle with forces of evil, Gog and Magog – in his arguments to enlist France in the Coalition of the Willing.

"This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people's enemies before a New Age begins," Bush said to Chirac, according to Thomas Romer, a University of Lausanne theology professor who was later approached by French officials anxious to understand the biblical reference. Romer first revealed his account in a 2007 article for the university review, Allez savoir, which passed largely unnoticed.

If I had more time, I'd do this article justice and give it the spotlight it deserves.

May 29, 2009 @ 2:04 PM

Mike from Lowville

Have fun Mike, should be desent weather.

May 29, 2009 @ 2:09 PM

Argie

Mike: I don't care if he received instructions from God or the tooth fairy - he made the right ones. Iraq is much better off now and their are hasn't been an attack in North America by your islamic friends since 9/11. You should saying thanks to Bush instead of attacking him.

May 29, 2009 @ 2:20 PM

Toronto Mike

Why do we credit Bush for the fact there hasn't been an attack on US soil since 9/11?

Why don't we blame him for the fact 9/11 happened on his watch?

Bush was president during the worst attack on US soil ever, yet you praise him for this.

May 29, 2009 @ 2:24 PM

Argie

9/11 was the result of a weak US foreign policy during the previous 8 years of slick willy. The US was attacked on at least 5 occasions during that time (2 US embassies in Africa, the US embassy in S-Arabia, the World Trade Ctr in '93, The USS Cole attack in Yemen). Clinton didn't respond accordingly and thus bin Laden always believed and stated publicly that America was weak and would never stand up to an attack.

So Mike, that's why I credit him and his administration.

May 29, 2009 @ 2:32 PM

Toronto Mike

Argie: The Last Dubya Defender

Argie: The Reason I'm About To Unplug For 48 Hours

May 29, 2009 @ 2:36 PM

Argie

mike: I thought it was to spend some time with your son.

May 29, 2009 @ 2:45 PM

Toronto Mike

Ummmm, yeah... that's it. Father-Son bonding time.

True dat.

May 29, 2009 @ 3:03 PM

Annemarie

*sniff sniff*

Does this mean no Twitter updates either?

May 29, 2009 @ 11:56 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Argie either way the way he made decisions was dangerous, separation of church and state my friend. SEriously? A President that believes in the end of the world crap inthe fairy tale book called the bible? thats such a shame that we had a president that based his decisions on what God would do in a book of fairy tales and myths.
It further proves how inept W was.

May 30, 2009 @ 9:37 AM