Peter MacKay and Greg Gutfeld

newsAs expected, the epic Fox News FAIL I wrote about yesterday has ignited a shitstorm of controversy.

Canada’s defence minister, Peter MacKay, . said officials planned to contact Fox News to inquire about demanding an apology

I believe that it should be requested and these individuals who have made the remarks are the ones that should be held responsible, and they should be apologizing.

Meanwhile, Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld's very own Greg Gutfeld issued this apology of sorts via Twitter.

My apologies to the Canadian military, they probably could at least beat the Belgians.

Stay classy, Fox News.

Argie

I think Belgium would be a tough battle.

Maybe we could take Malta.

March 23, 2009 @ 4:57 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

I don't watch Fox news so if it makes anyone feel better, I can pretend to boycott it.

Hey, anyone know where I can watch and episode of SCTV?

Gotta go, yoga calls..

March 23, 2009 @ 6:09 PM

LEW

Ah - I really didn't want to picture you in yoga tights Jason - I'll find you an old episode of SCTV, as long as you wear your Leapord Skin Pill Box Hat - and finally, for a country that has constantly made fun of our neighbours to the south, we sure have our yoga tights pulled up to make a huge camel toe, don't we?

March 23, 2009 @ 7:10 PM

James Edgar

Satire is one thing. That was total crap . Particularily irritating considering the news that another 4 of our people are dead in Afganistan.

March 23, 2009 @ 8:39 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

As a true Canadian, I'm just not that offened..

..we take things with a pound of salt..

..at least some of us still do..

..it's what we do, n'est pas?

March 24, 2009 @ 7:35 AM

Mississauga Mike

Wow, even the guys on the Dean Blundell Show this morning got some pretty good shots in on those who made the comments.

March 24, 2009 @ 10:36 AM

LEW

T.O. Mike - I just can't get upset about something a group of comedians say at 3am. It was not an official statement from the Whitehouse..my problem is that is wasn't funny - the Canadian military has been left without proper funding for decades, and this is the end result - in no way does this reflect on our soldiers, but do you really not feel that our government's lack of dedication to our national defense opens us up to ridicule? I for one, feel it does; now I just wish it was intelligent and funny.

March 24, 2009 @ 3:23 PM

Maria

Peter Mackay and his military are so gay. Sometimes I think that he wants to control the defence department of Canada just so that he can get free access to athletic men.

April 20, 2009 @ 12:02 PM

CJ8

I am astounded that you have provided so much publicity for this statement. If made by Greg Gutfeld, it is probably as true as the other statements made on his show. Why repeat, repeat, repeat it? Whether true or not, and I hope not, it is never helpful to make such statements about any group dedicated to protecting others. On the other hand, have you actually watched this show? Why would you believe that statements made there reflect the true state of anything?

July 30, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

American Pride

Your soldiers taking the year off? (Both of them?) LOL.

March 2, 2012 @ 10:54 PM