Bobby Jindal May Be Kenneth From 30 Rock, But That's Not My Pet Peeve

MouseThe Republican Party in the USA has been singing the praises of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal. Some in that circle see Jindal as the Republican answer to Barack Obama. I first learned all about Jindal recently on 60 Minutes, and he sounds a great deal more George Dubya Bush than Barack Obama. Yikes!

Jindal delivered the GOP response to President Obama's address to Congress, and I was interested in reading what the pundits thought of his performance. They thought he was lousy, with a speaking pattern somewhere between Mr. Rogers and Kenneth from 30 Rock, but my beef isn't with Jindal. My beef is with news sites that break articles up into several pages.

That's my biggest web pet peeve. I wanted to read Howard Kurtz's article in the Washington Post and it was spread out over five pages. They do it to increase page visits and ad impressions, but it just pisses off the reader. At least it pisses me off. Throw it all on one page and let me scroll down, dammit!

wp

Horonymous

He's made Lousianna #1 in locking up folks.

I Read it on fark.com earlier today.

March 2, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

Toronto Mike

He's pretty conservative, to the point where he supports "intelligent design".

He was politically savvy enough to drop the Hindu for Christianity, I notice...

March 2, 2009 @ 9:55 PM

Argie

Mike: You're right, Bobby Jindal is quite different from Obie. Firstly, he's qualified unlike buddy in the white house.

He's an Ivy league graduate from Brown U, a Rhodes scholar, a governor - Obie has none of those on his resume.

He's conservative, which I know scares some people but to me he's what the world needs now.

Jindal for prez in 2012!

March 3, 2009 @ 10:14 AM

Argie

He actually converted to Catholicism. Hardly a politically motivated move considering there has only been 1 catholic president in US history.

He obviously saw the light and converted to the one true religion. Either that or he could have been repulsed by the caste system that is so prevalent in the Hindu faith.

March 3, 2009 @ 11:39 AM

Toronto Mike

Americans will elect a Catholic. I doubt they'd elect a non-Christian.

And I'd hardly claim Obama lacks a good education. He's a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review. Not too shabby...

Jindal is the scary conservative... doesn't like stem cell research, likes creationism, hates progress...

March 3, 2009 @ 1:48 PM

Argie

Mike - You just don't like someone telling you what you're doing wrong.

Obama is an empty suit - Jindal is the real deal.

Obama is slick with a teleprompter - Jindal would destroy him in a debate where he can't rely on a script.

(actual text of Obama speaking:"....ah, um, aaannnd.....")

March 3, 2009 @ 2:13 PM

Toronto Mike

Argie, did you see Jindal's speech? Calling him Kenneth from 30 Rock was kind.

It was a speech I'd expect from a kid running for Grade 6 Class President. Only it wasn't delivered as well as I'd expect from such a candidate.

March 3, 2009 @ 2:46 PM

James Edgar

Argie’s right Mike Obama would get slaughtered in a debate. Just look at what McCain did to him. Absolutely murdered him. That’s why McCain’s president and .. oh wait I may have that wrong.

March 3, 2009 @ 2:49 PM

elvis

Argie - Jindal is not the real deal at all. His "story" about Katrina was a lie.

March 3, 2009 @ 3:26 PM

Tee

The only politician who has offered a decent retort to Obama and the Democrat-Republican status quo is Ron Paul. Jindal is not the real deal for 2012, Schiff is.

March 3, 2009 @ 9:23 PM