Andrew Martin, Dead at 33

In MemoriumAndrew Martin was 33. He was the professional wrestler best known for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation (later World Wrestling Entertainment) under the ring name Test.

jason | getyouroj.com

Ontario's own.

I'm not writing a post on this, but I did hear yesterday and even though I am no longer a fan of that whole world I was as a young lad, and it never gets easier when you hear that another one of them died too young.

Martin was Ontario-born by the way, trained By Calgary's own Bret Hart and others.

March 15, 2009 @ 11:16 AM

Mississauga Mike

This one was pretty surprising, so young. :\

March 15, 2009 @ 4:37 PM

elvis

Motley Crue's bodyguard before wrestler, no?

Do we know the cause of death yet or is it safe to assume drugs were a factor?

March 15, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

briguy

No tox report or anything yet, but he was fired from the WWE a couple of years ago for failing their 'wellness policy' (ie. a positive drug test)

March 15, 2009 @ 10:13 PM

Stafford

I don't know who this fella is, but I did interview Owen Hart about three months before he died (CFRB wanted a younger, less-showered demo). An amazingly nice family guy who died so stupidly.

Is there a "sports" league more responsible for driving its participants to an early grave than Mr. McMahon's? NFL perhaps?

March 16, 2009 @ 4:00 PM

Toronto Mike

Former WWE and NFL stars dying before the age of 50 is no longer surprising.

There's something wrong with that.

March 16, 2009 @ 4:25 PM

shane alexander

quick test story. my cousin trained with him in Oshawa before he left for calgary. when test broke into wwe and started to go on the road with the boys, he would invite my cousin troy. troy would give me a call and have me talk quickly to my favorite wrestlers. one time, troy called and said that bret hart was there visiting from the wcw..i thought this was kinda fishy. why would bret be at a wwe event just visiting? don't think he would run into vince. anyway, for someone reason, i trusted my cousin. he gave over the phone to me and i was having a good conversation with bret hart. after five minutes, i started to hear laughter in the background.

ended up the guy on the other end was andrew martin.

March 16, 2009 @ 4:52 PM