Maple Leafs 5, Penguins 4

LeafsThat was another entertaining victory for the Leafers last night. Of course, I'm conflicted. I've come to terms with being content with a loss, but it was still so much fun hanging on for the win yesterday.

I'd like to reiterate something I said back in September. Luke Schenn is Scott Stevens.

But enough about the game, Dougie's #93 was raised to the rafters alongside Bashin' Bill's #5. That's how it looks in my closet as well. Here's the tribute video they played while I was driving home from the Marlies game.

Current Record  Last Games Season Leaders
19-23-8
46 points
4th in Northeast Division
5-4 Win vs. Pittsburgh
7-4 Win vs. Colorado
6-1 Loss vs. Minnesota
J. Blake - 37
N. Antropov- 37
M. Stajan - 34

Jon

What was it that Milbury said that caused all of the ruckus?
Seemed like he had said 'pansy' but is that honestly what they kicked up a fuss over?

On another note.. has anyone called Milbury yet? :D

February 1, 2009 @ 11:36 AM

Toronto Mike

Milbury basically said banning fighting would bring about the pansification of the NHL. Pansification isn't a word, but pansy is. A gay advocacy group called Egale Canada labelled the term homophobic.

Personally, I equate pansy with wussy / wimp and not homosexual. I don't think Milbury meant banning fighting would gay up the NHL. Egale Canada overreacted, but it seems to have worked.

You won't hear the P word on HNIC anymore!

February 1, 2009 @ 11:43 AM

Argie

The most common words people tend to use would be 'wussification' or 'pussification'. Milbury used some creativity and got burned by that very powerful thought police org. EAGAL.

That org only reinforces the long held belief that these people are way too sensitive and weak.

February 2, 2009 @ 9:19 AM

Toronto Mike

I'd suggest Argie's comment above is more homophobic than Milbury's.

February 2, 2009 @ 9:22 AM

Argie

Of course you would, Mike.

Perhaps you could use creativity since you rely on that old standby 'homophobic'. It is such an over used, misplaced word.

February 2, 2009 @ 9:54 AM

Toronto Mike

Does "reinforces the long held belief that these people are way too sensitive and weak" reinforce the long held belief that homosexuals are too sensitive and weak?

February 2, 2009 @ 9:56 AM

Argie

Mike: Notice I used the word 'belief'? I didn't say it was a fact. Perhaps you're too sensitive :)?

February 2, 2009 @ 10:23 AM

Toronto Mike

Just don't call me a pansy...

February 2, 2009 @ 10:46 AM