Dave Devall Retires After 48 Years

TVHave you heard Dave Devall is retiring? He's one of North America's longest serving meteorologists and he'll officially retire as CTV Toronto's Weather Specialist on April 3, 2009.

I never got my news from CTV. I suppose we all have our favourite television news stops, and mine has changed over the years, but it's never been CTV. Still, I knew who Dave Devall was. When you know a weatherman you never actually watched, you know he's a fixture of the Toronto media scene.

Here's Dave Devall, then and now...

dave dave2

Horonymous

I think Mr Devall is a weather anchor. Not sure if he's a certified meteorologist.
Don't watch CTV either.

February 3, 2009 @ 11:22 AM

Ajax Mike

That's really odd, since CTV just started putting out their Winter Therapy series of commercials that feature Devall (among others).

February 3, 2009 @ 12:49 PM

elvis

Also strange that Mr. Duval wouldn't have stuck around for the Olympics. You'd figure we could have done the weather from Vancouver during the broadcasts!

February 3, 2009 @ 1:34 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

I liked watching Dave, being from Buffalo we got CTV and it was a welcome change from our news and a different perspective, always one of my favorite weathermen to watch. Tough shoes to fill.

February 3, 2009 @ 4:14 PM

james edgar

My parents always watched CTV news so I'm familiar with him. His forecast was pretty accurate If I remember correctly. Whether he made it up himself or just repeated enviro canada I don't know.

February 3, 2009 @ 5:47 PM

elvis

He had to have made it up because Environment Canada isn't generally correct.

February 3, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Kelly Bittorf

I am 29 years old and I have always loved watching Dave on ctv. I will truly miss Dave as I have grown up watching him, always hoping for a snow day so I could miss school. His writing backwards was always fun to watch he always made everyone happy. I always loved to hear about his dog scruffy, he has always seemed like a part of my family. I wish him all the best and will sincerely miss him

February 4, 2009 @ 7:05 PM

geneva blades

good luck on your retirment enjoy going to miss you doing your cartoons i really liked them umbrella shovel glasses etc they were great

February 20, 2009 @ 6:27 PM

Ric

Hey anyone know how old Dave is?

April 5, 2009 @ 11:02 PM

Ric

Hey anyone know how old Dave is?

April 5, 2009 @ 11:03 PM