Tipitina's Foundation - O Holy Night

MP3I share an MP3 from my collection every Wednesday. You have seven days to grab this week's MP3. Please right-click your mouse and select "Save Link As..." or "Save target as..." so you can download it to your PC before playing.

Tipitina's Foundation - O Holy Night
No, it's not Wednesday, but I've received a few requests for this song and I thought I'd share it sooner rather than later.

"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" is long gone, but there's one gift this show gave us that keeps on giving. Their Christmas show featured an awesome jazz rendition of "O Holy Night" by musicians from New Orleans. You've really got to hear this version which has become a holiday staple for me. Enjoy.

Victor

Found you on a random Google while looking for a place to link this song into a Tweet. This is, by far, my favorite Christmas performance. The emotion, the talent, the heart and soul in this piece rings out true. Thanks for sharing.

December 13, 2008 @ 12:02 AM

Walsh

I had this file, but lost it when my computer crashed recently. Thanks so much for posting it - it's one of the finest versions of this song I've ever heard! And as a "Studio 60" fan, I remember the episode when it aired with the scenes of New Orleans in the background - truly memorable! It gave me goosebumps!!

December 20, 2008 @ 4:08 PM

christi

thanks so much - I have been looking everywhere for this.

December 20, 2008 @ 10:40 PM

Erik

Yeah the show is long gone:( but this song will live with me and my christmas for several years:)! Thanks so freakin much from Sweden:).. RIP Studio 60

December 23, 2008 @ 6:20 PM

Watson

We shared this moving performance of O Holy Night as a Christmas Eve email to many of our friends. People quickly wrote back about the power and beauty of the piece, regardless of their attitude about Christmas, or about jazz. It is such a gift, meant to be shared. I wish I had more information about the specific musicians who made it. It, and they, are treasures.

December 25, 2008 @ 12:37 AM

Esteban

Hi. I've been looking for this song But the link seems to be dead or the song is gone, i don't know. If you can upload it again, I'd appreciate it very much. Ever since I've heard this song, sometimes I just want to go up to New Orleans and spend some time doing nothing but listening to the local talent. But I'll have to wait till I can afford the plane ticket... but still it's good to see that feeling never dies..

January 25, 2009 @ 8:27 PM

Tami

Thank you so much! Somehow we lost it when we switched computers a couple of years ago. I, also, loved that episode & especially the song. I thought it might be lost forever!

November 30, 2011 @ 2:35 AM

Anonymous

thanks so much is there any way we can get a copy of this

December 2, 2012 @ 7:41 PM