Hope

VoteI held on to this photo just so I could post it the morning of November 4th, 2008. You'll have to click through to see the picture I was going to post, because I've decided not to post it. I'm going to post a different image this morning.

This poster is from Shepard Fairey and was available from Obey Giant. It says it all, as far as I'm concerned. It just seems most appropriate on this historic Tuesday.

Hope

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." - Barack Obama

Argie

'Change' the Obama way:

Good to bad

Now that's change all right!

November 4, 2008 @ 9:34 AM

Mike from Lowville

Oh shut the fuck up Argie!

November 4, 2008 @ 9:42 AM

Toronto Mike

Not even Argie can tick me off today. A change is gonna come.

Welcome Back America.

November 4, 2008 @ 9:44 AM

Argie

Wow! Mike from L. that's scary - that rage you have. You should be happy like Mike from T.O. and rejoice and go dance and sing in the streets.

Mind you once obama gets in, the free trade agree't will be trashed and that will hurt Cdn manufacturers even more.

Have a nice day!

November 4, 2008 @ 11:37 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Argie, you have way too much rage, you should go find Grampy and start a riot amongst the republican racists up in Alaska and take Ms. Piggy with you.

November 4, 2008 @ 12:12 PM

Argie

Barffalo Mike:

Where do you get this racist angle? Race has nothing to do with this. I was against John Kerry in 04 and he is white and Catholic to boot (just like me).

The racists are the people who are voting for Obey despite the fact he goes against almost everything they stand for. That is the definition of racism - ya fool.

November 4, 2008 @ 12:35 PM

Andrew

Why argue. There are some people voting for Obama for all the wrong reasons and there are just as many voting for McCain for all the wrong reasons. We all know it.

Argie's doom and gloom feelings about Obama are at least based on some issues. However, on the issue of the economy I would rather seem Obama down south than McCain. On the international level I think Obama will be a far better leader than McCain could ever be. America needs a different vision and McCain does not have it. They picked the wrong guy. I would rather have seen Huckabee take it from McCain. At least you know Huck would have chosen a better VP.

November 4, 2008 @ 12:51 PM

elvis

Can I have my toronto(ontario)mike.com blog back and not the toronto(kansas)mike.com imposter?

If we we should 1/4 of the interest shown to what's happening south of the border in our own political system up here, we'd be living in a different world. (and yes, I know we are somewhat impacted by the results tonight but geez...enough is enough.)

November 4, 2008 @ 3:42 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Obama is going to better for this country on every issue from education to Roe V. Wade
Its that simple.
He identifies with the average person. something that a guy with 9 homes can't do.

November 4, 2008 @ 3:49 PM

Annemarie

I'm reminded of this opening skit from MADtv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGtog2_SBQ

Oh - & yeah, I'm w/ Andrew & elvis.

November 4, 2008 @ 4:52 PM

Toronto Mike

Hey, do I charge you guys a membership fee? The regulars don't even click the ads!

One more day... deal?

November 4, 2008 @ 5:02 PM

Annemarie

I don't even see them.

November 4, 2008 @ 6:52 PM

Mike from Lowville

Ss..its OK Mike. Don't mind them. ;0)

elvis said,"If we had 1/4 of the interest shown to what's happening south of the border in our own political system up here, we'd be living in a different world. (and yes, I know we are somewhat impacted by the results tonight but geez)...Enough is enough."

Much like we have a fascination of the Football and Baseball south of us!

November 4, 2008 @ 7:24 PM

elvis

The No Fun League? Boring.

Fine toronto(kansas)mike, I just clicked an ad. You're killing me.

Bring on the crappy CFNY banter.

November 5, 2008 @ 11:37 AM