McCain Should Stick To Country

musicI just learnt John McCain's campaign has been using "My Hero" from the Foo Fighters. I wrote about "My Hero" here. When the Foo Fighters learnt John McCain was using "My Hero", they issued a statement.

The saddest thing about this is that "My Hero" was written as a celebration of the common man and his extraordinary potential. To have it appropriated without our knowledge and used in a manner that perverts the original sentiment of the lyric just tarnishes the song.

The Foo join John Mellencamp, Heart and Jackson Browne as artists who had their tunes perverted by John McCain. McCain would be wise to stick to country music.

Buffalo Boy Mike

His desparate attempt to attract the youth of America

October 8, 2008 @ 9:23 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

'without permission' - how do they pull this off?

October 9, 2008 @ 8:56 AM

Kathleen

This blog entry backfired on you...there's a McCain-Palin ad on the lefthand side. ;-)

October 9, 2008 @ 11:20 AM

Toronto Mike

That's okay, most of the traffic to this page comes from Canada.

I got ya again, McCain!!!

October 9, 2008 @ 11:51 AM

James Edgar

Wasn't it republicans that pushed the DMCA (?) through? You know the law where record comapnies can arrest you for copying your own CD's.

October 9, 2008 @ 12:20 PM

Argie

I wonder what would happen if Obama’s campaign used a song that the artist later said the same thing the Poo Fighters, Heart et al have said about McCain.

I bet they would be accused of being racists because after all, if you don’t support Obama you must be a white, redneck, bible thumping racist. Right folks???

I guess we’ll never know since Obama can do and say no wrong. Enjoy the next 4 years, especially Buffalo Mike, your country is going to hell in a hand basket.

October 9, 2008 @ 2:58 PM

Argie

Mike: Wow that’s strange!

I also think its ironic that many of the groups that support Obama are the same ones his church for 20 years spoke out against (i.e. despised and preached hatred towards). Groups like women, homosexuals and members of the Jewish faith. Oh well, Obama’s their man now…..

October 9, 2008 @ 3:23 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Argie,
Wow, you are no better than the crowd of McCain supporters I just posted on, Go to my website check out the video and its you in the mirror. Obama has left his church due to Wrights erratic comments. How about Sarah Palin? she is racist as well, her church is anti gay, anti Jewish. That is no secret.

October 9, 2008 @ 4:15 PM

Argie

Obama’s preacher was saying those things over most of the past 20 years. He only left the church after pressure from his advisors. He was married by Wright, his kids were baptized by him and he considers Wright a very close friend.

Please show me the evidence of Pailn making any racist comments.

You are so clueless, its no wonder you’re still living in Barf-alo!

October 9, 2008 @ 4:48 PM

Kathleen

Hey now Argie - I disagree with Mike and Buffalo Boy but you do NOT diss my city! ;-)

October 9, 2008 @ 10:47 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Argie, no one with a brain thinks that Obama can 'do and say no wrong'

October 10, 2008 @ 7:59 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

...not that I like McCain and his VP... that chick who is anti-pleasure and anti-sex ed?

Who should be mom of the year? Palin or Mrs. Spears?

It's a toss up.