Frankie Venom, Rest in Peace

In MemoriumFrank "Frankie Venom" Kerr was 51. He was the lead singer of the Hamilton-based punk rock pioneers Teenage Head.

James Edgar

I loved those guys back in HS They played my HS in 1979 or 1980. Great show. I was at the imfamous riot at Ontario place also a great show never even noticed the riot. Great band. RIP. Frankie.

October 16, 2008 @ 4:29 PM

Horonymous

Too bad we don't produce more artists like him, even if he was born is Scotland.
Never understood while Teenage Head didn't explode world wide. Their music was a breath of fresh air from all the progressive rock that dominated Canadian music in the late 70's

R.I.P. Frankie

October 16, 2008 @ 4:29 PM

Toronto Mike

They were our Ramones, but I don't think anyone outside of Southern Ontario knows them.

October 16, 2008 @ 4:31 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Wow thats something else. I just recently started getting into them, They are one of the most underrated bands not just from Canada but of all time.

October 16, 2008 @ 4:40 PM

james edgar

Anyone know if the first album is on CD? I would buy that .

October 16, 2008 @ 5:58 PM

Alison

Wow, I loved them in high school! They put on a great show! I saw them at my friends school, Albion Collegiate, while I was quite possibly the drunkest I've ever been in my life. Sad to hear...51 is much too young to die...

October 16, 2008 @ 6:44 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

I believe that was how old our friend Joe Strummer was when he left us too early as well.

October 17, 2008 @ 2:47 AM

Mike from Lowville

James, their first album is ultra rare on vinyl. No CD on that one. Maybe some day. My cousins know Gord and Frank very well.(school) Frankie will be missed.

October 17, 2008 @ 10:53 AM

Gary

Used to go see them at The Kee. Most fun I've had in my life!

October 17, 2008 @ 2:46 PM

Gary

Horonymou,

They were ready to explode after the Ontario Place riot, were going to go to LA.
On the way back from a gig their van was broadsided and Gordy was out for a year with a broken back. David Bendeth sat in on guitar but by the time Gordy returned, it was old news.

October 17, 2008 @ 2:49 PM

Venomous

1st album IS out on CD - released last summer I believe; after years of searching for this I found vinyl at a flea market and then the CD turned up at the local HMV about a week later... I was one of the many locked out of Ontario Place, but wasn't one of the few that was willing to swim across the "moat" to get in.

R.I.P. Frankie