Edge Plays Gunners

musicBreaking news... I just heard Guns N' Roses on Edge 102. You'll see "Sweet Child O' Mine" was played at 7:40am.

I remember when CFNY first played Metallica. Is this another shift in the space-time continuum?

edge

Another Mike

This is the beginning of the end for the Edge. I have said all along that Edge will merge with Q107 and one of the stations will cease to exist.

Thankfully, for the time being, Sirius satellite radio is worth my subscription money.

October 2, 2008 @ 11:14 AM

papa_rocker

The edge is a radio station for insecure-wanna-be-hipsters who want to appear to be "cool" (or "sick" as the kids say). Sweet Child is just as awesome as song as it was 20 years ago - it's the edge that keeps changing it's mind.

October 2, 2008 @ 11:25 AM

Toronto Mike

C'mon, a young Toronto Mike was as happy as a pig in shit when he bought Appetite For Destruction on cassette from the old Sam the Record Man at Jane and Bloor.

I'm not trashing SCOM, still a killer track, I'm just wondering if Another Mike isn't on to something... Is AC~DC next?

October 2, 2008 @ 11:33 AM

papa_rocker

Any idea if the edge is playing the new Nickelback (I haven't noticed it on the edge)??? If not, then that's a big change from past programming.

October 2, 2008 @ 3:16 PM

James Edgar

AC/DC would be OK with me I still like them.I think of them as a bit of a guilty pleasure. Guns and roses not so much. I think another mike might be right. Q107 has lost it's way with the classic thing and the edge is hardly that. There's already a few dance stations a new rock station that plays rock old new whatever might be good. Or is that Jack FM?

October 2, 2008 @ 3:52 PM

Spirited

Check playlist of the Fox in Vancouver and you'll see where 102.1 is headed under new PD they brought over.

p.s. the station played Gn'R when it was current, they only would've "banned" them six months after Use Your Illusion

October 2, 2008 @ 4:13 PM

Spirited

Another: how is playing a few artists in common with another station foreshadowing a "merger"? If you've been saying that all along you probably don't sound too smart.

October 2, 2008 @ 4:17 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

LMFAO

doesn't corus own Q?

what's the point of edge playing gNr

merger?

bah, they might as well if they are pulling stunts like this

at this point, i wouldn't notice unless i read it here anyway

October 3, 2008 @ 6:47 AM

Anonymous

I think it's all Chris Sheppard's fault. Does anyone remember a Saturday night, must be close to 20 years ago, when he played a set consisting of Frank Sinatra, The Exploited, and Van Halen. Who knew David Lee Roth would eventually bring down the Spirit of Radio? lol

October 3, 2008 @ 9:18 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

they should play more Sinatra it would make more sense than GnR

October 3, 2008 @ 9:27 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

p.s. i just noticed how pathetic that ENTIRE playlist is

October 3, 2008 @ 9:28 AM

Ajax Mike

Just to top off the suspicions, I heard Pearl Jam's Alive playing on Q107 just the other night. That's was a treat alright, hearing one of the seminal songs of my generation... on the Classic Rock station. Nope, didn't make me feel old at all...

October 3, 2008 @ 9:31 AM

elvis

This is the "beginning" of the end for CFNY? LOL! LOL! They died a long time ago people.

If you don't like the new AC/DC, you don't like AC/DC. They are the masters of releasing "new" material that sounds exactly like their old stuff (post Bon Scott anyway) - genius! ;)

October 3, 2008 @ 11:05 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

elvis: you are correct.

this is the END of the END

October 3, 2008 @ 12:02 PM

Spirited

Here's a shocker for you, Jason: They don't ask people who aren't listening what they want to hear.

October 3, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

Spirited

October 3, 2008 @ 3:06 PM

Homer Simpson

people listen to the edge 102?

jesus even z103 is more alternative than they are