Deja Vu All Over Again

NewspaperYou've likely seen the footage below which shows Sarah Palin struggling to name a single newspaper she reads. She can't come up with a newspaper or magazine name, not even the Anchorage Daily freakin' News.

I don't know about you, but I suspect she's not reading the news at all. Somebody else we all know and love didn't read newspapers... Almost five years ago, I wrote this about George Dubya Bush.

In a recent interview with Fox TV anchor Brit Hume, Bush was asked how he gets his news. His answer frightens me. George W. Bush, President of the United States of America, gets his news from chief of staff Andrew Card and national security adviser Condoleezza Rice. He doesn't watch the news on television, read newspapers or read the news online. Bush's exact quote was "the best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world."

Yikes. Does he really think his staff will be objective? Sure, the media is biased, so that's why it's important he get his news from several different sources. Card and Rice are two sources with a vested interest in telling the President exactly what he wants to hear. For all we know, Bush is under the impression the war in Iraq is very popular. Maybe he thinks his popularity is peaking and that Americans are happy with his performance.

Here's the clip of Palin talking with Katie Couric about the news sources that shape her view of the world.

Buffalo Boy Mike

Mike, Ive run out of adjectives to describe her stupidity. She is just plain wrong in every way shape and form. She makes Dan Quayle look like Albert Einstein. She is absolutely clueless. If McCain gets elected and croaks, we should impeach her for being dumb.

October 1, 2008 @ 8:16 PM

chris

She should be a blonde. A hottie but DAH DAH

October 1, 2008 @ 8:41 PM

Mike from Lowville

WTF about blonde? Not

October 1, 2008 @ 11:38 PM

Mike from Lowville

Mike, post the link to Miss Teen America. Same sh t, different day.

October 1, 2008 @ 11:40 PM

James Edgar

I would be desribed as a conservative by many but I think this women is a BIMBO. How did she even get elected Mayor of a small town in Alaska.

October 2, 2008 @ 6:26 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

I wouldn't vote her vice president of my household, my dog would serve that position ahead of her. She could be the vice president's pooper scooper

October 2, 2008 @ 6:41 AM

Andrew

What surprises me most is that she still has so many supporters. Anything she does is spun into making her "folksy" and "the people's VP". And then they turn that into her "Executive Experience" which when used as a point against Obama and Biden also points out that McCain doesn't have any experience under the same definition.

This is going to be a bad Sitcom. McCain/Palin win and then McCain keels over and Palin is president.
I can see the tag line, "Oh, Gosh. I guess I'm President. So what exactly does a President do everyday?"

October 2, 2008 @ 9:19 AM

Stephanie Wilkinson

Andrew... she may have to pull out a life line and 'phone a friend'. Either that or she'll have to "get back to-ya!!" (in my best Fargo accent).

October 2, 2008 @ 11:44 AM