Debatin' and Fightin'

megaphoneMy fellow Canadians, I have no doubt you'll be tuning into the debate tonight. After all, it's the first televised English debate between Stephen Harper, Stephane Dion, Jack Layton, Gilles Duceppe and Elizabeth May.

What's that? You're going to watch a different debate tonight? Shame on you... but since we're being honest here, I'll be switching my attention to the USA VP candidates myself at 9 pm ET. Luckily, ours kicks off at 8 pm ET.

I was going to list songs with "debate" in the title, but there really aren't any. Instead, here are 15 "fight" songs to get you in the mood.

1. Fight the Power - Public Enemy
  11. Fight Test - The Flaming Lips
  12. Still Fighting It - Ben Folds
  13. Supersoulfighter - Lenny Kravitz
  14. Can't Fight It - Bob Mould
  15. Street Fighting Years - Simple Minds

A.R.

VP debate?! Well, at least there you'll see the conservative candidate struggle.

October 2, 2008 @ 6:23 PM

Toronto Mike

Oops, the Canadian debate is at 9 pm as well. I'll bet way more Canadians watch Palin than Dion.

October 2, 2008 @ 8:05 PM

fredericton steve

she is at least better looking

October 2, 2008 @ 8:09 PM

Anonymous

id rather watch a pretty liar than an old man liar

October 2, 2008 @ 9:57 PM

James Edgar

Well she is not as stupid as I thought. Not even close . I have to stop reading the internet so much. I would still vote for the democrats I think but she was not the ditz I was expecting.

October 2, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

There were some definite gaps trust me James, she totally ignored the economic bailout questions and got the General's name wrong when going back and forth on Iraq. She also brought up our infamous No Child LEft Behind and if any teacher in our country was watching, she just lost the votes of every single solitary teacher in the United States.

October 2, 2008 @ 11:21 PM

James Edgar

Oh yes I saw those Gaps as well. I think I was just a expecting a meltdown and we did not see that. I would not vote for her unless she was running against a much farther to the right and even more religeous nutbar.

October 3, 2008 @ 10:04 AM

A.R.

She rehearsed well. This I conclude from watching highlights on the news.

I was watching the Canadian debate, and Dion did well, but not exceptionally. He came off as less ideological and sounded very genuinely concerned about the country and making progress. Harper tended to address every issue with the basic Conservative ideology. Regarding $44 million in cuts to the arts and culture he said that the $500 child tax benefit will make up for that, which took the prize the most bullshit statement in that debate.

October 3, 2008 @ 9:24 PM