When Locked In Trunk...

CarI've been out of town all week, scooting around in the new Ford Focus they lent me. I'll have more on my adventure this weekend, but I wanted to chime in on something I just discovered in the trunk of this car.

If you're "accidentally" locked in the trunk of this car, there's a well marked emergency escape mechanism. For some reason the image associated with this handle made me chuckle.

P8217998

Tony Soprano

That's gonna be bad for business. Fuggedaboutit!!!

August 22, 2008 @ 5:53 PM

felix

Apparently after releasing the latch you have to spring up and out of the trunk, setting a record for the longest jump out of a moving vehicle, then sprint away as fast as you possibly can before the driver notices.

August 22, 2008 @ 7:48 PM

Stephanie Wilkinson

Mike, did it seem like the trunk was big enough for a couple of people? Maybe they were thinking of the drive-in movie crowd having an escape hatch if they were stuck in a long entry line. If that car was built in Oakville, we do have a nice Drive-In right on Ninth Line about 2km from the Ford Plant.

August 23, 2008 @ 7:24 AM

Stephanie Wilkinson

(now I'm getting a giggle out of the Google-ad choices on the left....)

August 23, 2008 @ 7:25 AM

Toronto Mike

I suppose this trunk could fit two people if they were midgets.

And yes, the Five Drive-In is right there. Still, I think it's more of a mob protection feature.

August 23, 2008 @ 8:49 AM

Mississauga Mike

Funny, my Dad was just showing me this last week on his Impala and I found it pretty damn funny. Especially the image!

August 23, 2008 @ 1:32 PM

James

are we so stupid / clumsy as a people that its a major consideration when purchasing a car that you actually ask the sales person "hey.. umm.. is there an emergency release to get outta the trunk from the -inside- ?"

"ummm.. no ?"

"AHHHHGgGG no deal"

lol.

..or are the car companies sooo worried about mob activity that -this- is there way of fighting back / preventing crime ?

August 25, 2008 @ 11:52 AM