Sausagefest Is Built On A Big Fat Lie

radioI was listening to a little 102.1 this morning. I know the morning show there is brutal, but for some reason I like hearing Linkin Park's "Given Up" every morning on my way into the office. Judge not lest thee be judged.

So I'm listening to the tunes when the guys come on to talk about Sausage Fest. Jason introduces the plan as a way to celebrate the fact The Dean Blundell Show is the longest running morning show on Toronto radio. There's only one problem with that statement. It's one big fat lie.

The best morning show in the city, in my humble opinion (no pun intended), belongs to the man who currently holds that title. Andy Barrie has hosted CBC Radio 99.1's Metro Morning since 1995. That's about six years longer than The Dean Blundell Show has been on the air.

On edge.ca, they were smart enough not to put that lie in print. Here's what you'll find over there.

We're throwing a party to thank you for all your support, and can’t think of a better way to say thanks than by giving you some sausage.

On August 15th at Polson Pier, it's the first annual Dean Blundell Sausagefest! We’ll be cooking up some delicious, juicy sausages for some lucky Inside Edge winners. We’re hooking you up with some sweet tunes as well; Die Mannequin, The Saint Alvia Cartel, The Flatliners, and The Salads will all be playing live!

So if you want in on a day of fun in the sun, some great bands, and of course some sausage, listen to win or enter now to win access to Dean Blundell's Sausagefest for you and a friend. Brought to you by 102.1 The Edge.

Damn, even typing sausagefest makes me feel like a 14 year old kid.

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Sausagefest? How brutally unclever. It sounds like they are compensating for the fact that they all have small members or something. I really don't think anyone with taste gives a rats ass about how long that "show" has been on the air.

August 6, 2008 @ 11:31 PM

Glamorous

you guys obviously dont know what your talking about! 102.1 morning show with dean, jason, and todd is hilarious! i listen to it every weekday morning on my way to work. they make me laugh out loud in the car all by myself on the way to work. you must not have a sense of humor or something to not like the show. my mother is even a fan! and as for you only listening to that station to hear linkin park in the morning.... put that song on an ipod or buy the cd. stop listening if all you have is complaints!

August 18, 2008 @ 1:36 PM

Glamorous

oh by the way... sausagefest was awesome! there was free food, great bands and tons of people! you have no idea how many people listen to that station!

August 18, 2008 @ 1:38 PM

Nick

Hey, yeah, I went to it, I get any free food, but whatever. Those guys are kind of scandalous.

I wrote about it on my blog too. http://blog.nickfield.net/?p=80

August 21, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

tyrell

Mike. Put down your boner for Humble howard and give credit where credit is due. These guys are not only the longest running "commercial radio station" (CBC is public) they Dominate ratings and have for years. I know you are friends with HH but JEEZUZ, relax and have room for something else.

October 10, 2008 @ 1:15 PM

Toronto Mike

Dude, I listen to 102.1. I'm just not digging the morning show.

October 10, 2008 @ 2:08 PM

mk

lol you got it backwards

the music sucks Dean blundell show is the only quality programing left on the station since BT and MS left.

Musically the station is changing for the worse.

July 16, 2009 @ 1:18 PM

Anonymous

Blundell is a moron, they slam him constantly on 103.3 in Buffalo. They dont want him back either ( Thats where he came from) Jason Barr should be the boss on the morningshow. Blundell's time is up, he needs to go

October 18, 2009 @ 2:03 PM

Annon

Listen to Dean Blundell every morning for the last 3 years, you sir are on the wrong wagon. I will be attending sausagefest in 2 days, 2010, and I will enjoy it with thousands of people. Lets see Humble what ever the hell his name is throw a party and have more then 10 people show up. I'd be shocked. I'll enjoy finger 11, Bad manaquin and beer, you enjoy your Metro BS.

August 18, 2010 @ 4:06 PM