Custom's Official Blog

customDo you remember Custom? He had a rock radio hit back in 2002 with the single "Hey Mister" from his debut album Fast. Shortly thereafter, his label went under and that's where I came in. I got to come in and rescue his teamcustom.com domain from the defunct label and set him up with an official site while he worked on securing a new label.

About a year ago, I was asked by one of Custom's peeps to put up a "New Site Coming Soon" page. It sounded like a new record deal was imminent and my services were no longer required. I did what I was told and waited for the good news to break. I waited, and waited, and waited...

I got tired of waiting. I know Custom, one of the sweetest dudes you'll ever meet, and I know he's an interesting, multi-talented freak, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I changed hosts, threw down Movable Type, hacked away at some HTML and built a blog for Custom. Custom himself can maintain this sucker, I'm dummy-proofing the entire process.

Check out Custom's brand spankin' new official blog. Subscribe to the RSS feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/TeamCustom.

His first entry, entitled "cheers to mike boon", really speaks to me.

A.R.

I sure do! We need a new album.

August 5, 2008 @ 2:16 AM

myself

dude, are humble & fred coming back? Stu & colleen are history @ cheEZ Rock...

just sayin

August 5, 2008 @ 11:00 AM

Ajax Mike

Bite your tongue. Why would we subject Humble and Fred to having to play that dreck?

August 5, 2008 @ 2:03 PM

Toronto Mike

I'm not saying a word... yet.

August 5, 2008 @ 3:17 PM

myself

something is in the WORKS! I was hoping T-dawt Mikey wood have the goods. any chance on an exclusive?

August 5, 2008 @ 4:18 PM

Toronto Mike

Patience... it won't be long now.

August 5, 2008 @ 4:25 PM

myself

i will keep checking here! i hope u will break it on the blog EXCLUSIVELY!

August 5, 2008 @ 6:08 PM

Rob

I smell a format change a coming. Can't see H&F playing CĂ©line or introduceing a John Tess Segments without one of there heads exploding.
I mean when they run low on material, they can't really use a "fart" or some other bodily function with this station current format

August 5, 2008 @ 8:53 PM

Toronto Mike

Hey myself, who are you?

Reveal yourself - are you HH?

I'm checking your IP addy...

August 5, 2008 @ 9:21 PM

myself

nope, i'm not Humble lol. if i was, would i talk about myself in the 3rd person?

i saw the rumour on the sowny.ca board and i googled humble and your blog came up.

freddiep.ca & humblehoward.com have been much less cryptic (i.e. no mention...yet).

howard & fred make better sense at 92.5. they should change the name of the station. most know it better as KiSS92 then they do as Jack-off! the music has improved, now why cant the talent & branding? time for a new era

Let's hope the stu & colleen thing is a mere coincidence.

anyways, i've said enuf. blog on Mike!

August 6, 2008 @ 10:09 AM

Dis3ngag3d

I think he should do what Nine Inch Nails is doing. Put it out there digitally for free and let the fans buy the actual disc. It's working great for them so far. They release low bitrate songs and charge for the better quality ones as well as an actual cd version.

October 21, 2008 @ 10:23 PM