Highest Grossing Pixar Films

moviesI've just returned from a little party we threw for my brother's 30th birthday and, as usual, there were plenty of debates / arguments / intense discussions.

One topic was Pixar films. We debated which was the best, which was the worst and which was the highest grossing Pixar movie of them all. I just googled it and can confirm the order in terms of worldwide gross in American dollars.

1. Finding Nemo - $864,625,978
  2. The Incredibles - $631,442,092
  3. Ratatouille - $621,416,583
  4. Monsters, Inc. - $525,366,597
  5. Toy Story 2 - $485,015,179
  6. Cars - $461,981,604
  7. A Bug's Life - $363,398,565
  8. Toy Story - $361,958,736
  9. WALL-E - $169,162,412 and counting

P7197826

Anthony

Which one did you guys deem the best & worst?

July 19, 2008 @ 9:52 PM

Toronto Mike

I've got WALL-E at #1 and Cars in last, in terms of quality.

When it came to predicting gross, I actually thought Toy Story 2 might have led the pack, followed by The Incredibles. I didn't realize Finding Nemo did so well.

The general consensus is that all Pixar movies have been good, but Cars is the worst of the bunch. Favourites range from Finding Nemo to The Incredibles and WALL-E.

July 19, 2008 @ 9:56 PM

Ryan

As an active participant of this debate, I had pegged Finding Nemo as number one but ended up leaning towards Toy Story 2 as highest grossing pixar flick.

Cars was a good flick, but they are all good.

I think we all forgot about Ratatouille.... which was also good.

July 19, 2008 @ 11:04 PM

The_Voice

Best to worse:

1. Wall-E
2. Ratatouille
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story 2
5. Finding Nemo
6. Cars
7. Toy Story
8. Monsters, Inc
9. A Bug's Life

I actually like Cars... however the others are superior.

I was not a fan of Monsters, Inc and A Bug's Life.

July 20, 2008 @ 2:06 AM

The_Voice

Sidenote: Gelskin came in the mail. Thanks! It does indeed fit the iPod with Video :)

July 20, 2008 @ 2:07 AM

Ajax Mike

I think the Incredibles has to be my favorite, but they're all good (though I haven't seen Rataouille or Wall-E yet). Seriously, how does one company manage to keep getting it right, time after time?

July 20, 2008 @ 2:50 PM

Roshan

I always get disappointed on watching a Pixar movie. I find that it always never lives up to the hype. Finding Nemo is the only one I would want to watch.

July 23, 2008 @ 1:20 AM