An iPod Touch: Yay or Nay?

musicOkay readers, I need you.

For my recent birthday I received some cash and a gift certificate for Future Shop. I almost never buy myself stuff except for once a year when I get one big thing for my birthday. In 2004 that was a digital camera, which I still love, and last year I got an iPod Shuffle for when I'm running or biking. This year, I want an iPod Touch.

This is your chance to talk me out of it... or not. Tell me why I shouldn't buy an iPod Touch. Go!

ipod-touch

Anonymous

Duuuude... if you've got mp3s, theres no better player for them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYwx4LQkxfc

July 3, 2008 @ 9:57 PM

SoccerMom

I am not going to talk you out of it ~ But when you get yours you need to tell us how cool it is to have videos to watch while you are running or biking or driving the car, just so the rest of us know if it's worth getting one... :o)

July 4, 2008 @ 9:45 AM

The_Voice

I have the first-gen iPod with Video. At first video was cool on the fly, but in the end, the best part of video was being able to hook it up to my TV (using camcorder cables) and watch downloaded TV on my TV.

But then I got a DVR and TMN, so now I have no need to download anything videowise.

Currently, I use my iPod for audio, and audio only... if you're going for the iPod touch-like interface, go with an iPhone... yes, it'll be expensive when all the costs are factored in, but it has all the functionality of the touch, with slightly smaller disk space, but also has a phone and camera built in.

July 4, 2008 @ 2:02 PM

CurlyQ

When I got a video player I went with Creative. I couldn't be bothered with converting every.single.file into Apple's proprietary format. And I love it. Plus I thing I would find the touch screen annoying, but I have long nails which you probably do not.

July 4, 2008 @ 4:51 PM

Stafford

Mike, I have the 8G iTouch.

It's just an iPod but the touch screen is brilliant, flipping through your tunes like they're albums in an old K-Tel Record Selector is very retro.

And I can use it in my living room to check email/Safari through the wireless Sympatico high speed modem.

Get it. And I hate Apple with the fury of a thousand suns!

July 4, 2008 @ 10:08 PM

brian

i bought a zune sbout 6 months ago and think it's great. audio, video and pictures. i use them all. i really like the zune software and interface. i even watched the first season of californication on a 5 day trip to florida this past march.
my sister has an iphone and absolutely loves it though, so i guess you can't go wrong with the touch.

July 4, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

A.R.

Just a couple of years ago the competition was pretty close to the ipod, so I felt the price difference between the average competitor and Apple's price wasn't justified. But the ipod touch has really pulled ahead in ahead in design.

I doubt you'll want the iPhone, as Rogers has that outrageous data rate in their three year contract.

July 4, 2008 @ 11:25 PM

Toronto Mike

I think I'll get an 8GB iPod Touch. This will be fun!

July 5, 2008 @ 9:31 AM

Martina

I like thsi iPod is very stagger this colour is embllishing.

August 5, 2008 @ 2:03 AM

Martina

What a great this mobile is style is very stagger.

August 12, 2008 @ 7:52 AM

Martina

How so great this IPod touch I like this thing.

August 20, 2008 @ 6:10 AM

Anonymous

DO IT DUDE!!

January 4, 2009 @ 3:49 PM

Houston

I'm entirely searching to purchase the Apple iPad, and I'm enjoyed to determine what sorts of appz and games is going to be programmed for it. I just do not get the picture some of the nitpicky criticisms in this blog. Size from the bezel?? Pffff!

February 8, 2010 @ 4:05 PM

iPad hacks

As an Apple lover, it's hard to say where apple is going with the iPad. I sure am excited though! Thanks! Steven - Ipad

February 11, 2010 @ 12:01 AM