Maple Leafs 3, Sabres 4

LeafsAfter dodgeball, I watched the Jays game but turned to the Leaf game after the final out. That was just in time to watch Alexander Steen score the go-ahead marker with eight minutes to play in a game that meant nothing to us but everything to Buffalo.

The Sabres came back and won in a pretty entertaining shootout, and I was cool with that. I'm in full-blown ABO mode. Anybody but Ottawa. As a result, it's go Bruins, go Flyers, go Capitals, go Hurricanes and go Sabres!

Current Record  Last Games Season Leaders
36-33-11
81 points
Tied in 11th in Conference
4-3 Loss vs. Buffalo
4-2 Win vs. Montreal
4-2 Loss vs. Boston
M. Sundin - 78
N. Antropov - 56
T. Kaberle - 53

Argie

Mike; I agree 100% - ABO. I’ve worked with a few Ottawa transplants over the years. They constantly complain about Toronto and the Leafs. When I ask them “when are you going back to live in Ottawa since you love it so much”, they say “no idea”.

April 2, 2008 @ 10:36 AM

Toronto Mike

Nothing would make me happier than seeing the Sens slip into 9th. Hell, if that happens, I say we hold a parade down Yonge Street.

April 2, 2008 @ 10:43 AM

Argie

I’ll be there for the parade. No clowns though – they scare me.

April 2, 2008 @ 11:09 AM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Its pretty amazing Ottawa's fall from grace, they started 15-2 and all of a sudden they have a chance to be the 8th seed and tied with Buffalo, only thing that would put them in playoffs are the tie breakers. Ottawa out in first round with the way they are playing.

April 2, 2008 @ 12:36 PM

Kitchener Mike

Just Toronto and Boston left to play for Ottawa. If they lose both of those, which I am confident they can do, Washington needs 3 out of 4 points against Florida and Tampa Bay to pass them. Also very doable. Then Boston and Philly only need one win in three games each to pass the Sens. Go Leafs Go! Go Bruins Go! Go Caps Go!

April 2, 2008 @ 12:49 PM

felix

Yup, ABO indeed. I'm giddy at the very thought of a Sens choke like this.

Come on hockey Gods... please? Let us have something good this season?

April 2, 2008 @ 10:36 PM