Charlton Heston, Rest in Peace

In MemoriumCharlton Heston was 84. He won the 1959 best actor Oscar as the chariot-racing "Ben-Hur" and portrayed Moses, Michelangelo, El Cid and other heroic figures in movie epics of the '50s and '60s.

Annemarie

Aw no, I thought he'd live forever.

"Soylent Green is people!"

R.I.P. Big Guy.

April 6, 2008 @ 2:17 PM

James

I guess those dam dirty apes finally got him :(

too bad..

April 6, 2008 @ 2:37 PM

Toronto Mike

I always thought it would make sense that Chucky go out in a blaze of glory, gunned down by irresponsible gun owners and card carrying members of the NRA.

Here's my favourite Charlton Heston moment. It's from Michael Moore's Bowling For Columbine.

April 6, 2008 @ 3:26 PM

Argie

Mike:

I can’t believe how clueless you are. Really!

Michael’s Moore’s interview was a pathetic attempt to get the go-it-along sheep to buy into his propaganda. He took advantage of an ill man who was clearly heading towards Alzheimer’s. Many people who hated Heston and guns lost all respect for Moore when he interviewed him.

If you enjoyed the interview you’re sicker than Heston was.

So many lefties forget that Heston marched several times with Martin Luther King in the 1960s. He was also quite active in the civil rights movement.

Of course you wouldn’t know that. Thanks for coming out mike.

April 7, 2008 @ 9:20 AM

Toronto Mike

C'mon Argie, I'm not Heston bashing. That wasn't a front page post, just a little comment to spice things up.

Yeah, I like Moore's docs, but I'm not alone. What did you think of Bowling for Columbine?

April 7, 2008 @ 9:46 AM

Argie

Hey there’s nothing wrong with bashing Heston - I just don’t find any humour in Alzeheirmer’s

Moore did actually make an interesting point/question to Heston. The question was ‘why is it there are much fewer murders in Canada than the US despite having more guns per capita?’ I think that was missed by those lefty Canadians like yourself who believe guns kill people and not people kill people. Shouldn’t Canada have a higher murder rate than the US? Think about it.

The fact is it doesn’t because Canada doesn’t have the hellish inner cities that the US has. Therefore it proves the point of the NRA that its inner city criminals who commit the bulk of gun crimes and not the law abiding hunter who lives in the sticks.

April 7, 2008 @ 10:00 AM