Autism: The Musical

A Movie ReelAutism: The Musical: 8 out of 10.

I'm a lucky SOB. My kids are developing "normally" and are healthy and happy. Autism, once diagnosed in 1 in 10,000 children and now in 1 in 150 children, seems to be everywhere. My mother works with autistic children, and I've been hearing about this disease for years, but I didn't really understand autism until I watched this HBO documentary.

We learn about five autistic children and their involvement in The Miracle Project, a theatre arts program created by Elaine Hall. All five children are afflicted differently, and we're witness to the strain on families and impact an autistic child has on marriages. It's really a must see for parents.

It's on TMN right now. I'm taping it for mom.

Argie

Its great this awful condition is finally getting the exposure it deserves. Hopefully McGuinty and his cabinet will begin assisting parents in dealing with autistic children. The financial cost, not to mention the emotional toll, is devastating to most parents.

April 14, 2008 @ 10:04 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Stop over-using microwaves and eating GE foods...

...Gov't should invest in organic alternatives and education about this

April 14, 2008 @ 11:34 AM

Ajax Mike

...and they should also allow more piracy, to combat global warming.

April 14, 2008 @ 1:43 PM

Toronto Mike

I blame Barry Bonds.

April 14, 2008 @ 1:48 PM

Autism Miracle

I hope this autism is A child like Clay who is at risk for autism...If if you want about this regards click on the name.

May 14, 2008 @ 2:01 AM

Heather

I just watched autism:The musical,everyone did an awesome job.I have an 18 year old with Pdd/autism and I know how tough it can be at times.
I would love to get him invovlved with acting or dancing but there is such a long list of people on the waiting lists .
his sleeping routine has also been a big problem in trying to get him involved with anything as he's awake all night and sleeps in the day which has been this way since he was in great 3

August 12, 2008 @ 4:42 PM