102.1 The Edge Web Site Redesign Wrecks Thursday 30

mouseEdge 102.1 has redesigned their web site. I only discovered the new Edge.ca when I was checking in on the latest Thursday 30 results. That's pretty much the only reason I click over to Edge.ca. I've always enjoyed following the Thursday 30.

Unfortunately, the new redesign has messed up my little past time. Check out the new Thursday 30 home page. Is it asking too much for a little table that tells me where the song was ranked the previous week and how many weeks the tune has been on the chart? This is a big step in the wrong direction.

In case they read this and make things right over here, here's a screen cap of how their new Thursday 30 page looks right now.

Thursday 30

Ajax Mike

I go there to listen to streaming episodes of The Ongoing History of New Rock at work on the weekends. I've found that occasionally the site gets lost in its own frames and such when following links here and there.

April 12, 2008 @ 3:57 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Mike, I was thinking the same thing, I Went there to check for the ground breakers and I had trouble finding it.

April 12, 2008 @ 7:24 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

OK, you asked for this comment and now you're gonna get it! Dude! They only play 40 fuckin songs! How hard is it to follow! LMAO

April 13, 2008 @ 10:05 AM

Toronto Mike

I forgot, Jason, you're British. At least I see they play the Foo.

I've been listening for a while now, and I like it. Strokes, the Rac, and lots and lots of British stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of music out of the UK, but can't you recommend an XFM type station that isn't so UK-centric? Ideally there'd be a Canadian-centric equivalent, and barring that, an American one... so I get the odd Kooks, Arctic Monkeys, etc... but there's still lots of BSS, Strokes, White Stripes, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, etc.

April 13, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Ideally there would be, wouldn't there? But there isn't. That's why I whine.

Try Indie 103 and CBC 3 or CFM Calgary.. Josh HOlliday is there... but I can only stand it in doses.

April 14, 2008 @ 11:12 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Oops, that was supposed to say Calgary's XFM.

XFM London plays all those bands you mentioned... maybe no BSS but every other single one. More during the day than during block programming hours. But block programming is where it's at. XFM London even plays a Newmarket band.. Tokyo Police Club... while in comparision I belt you'll never hear Razorlight on The Edge

Another good one is KCRW Santa Monica.

April 14, 2008 @ 11:15 AM

edge.ca

The new site is a work in progress...we're working on improving things as the site evolves.
Groundbreakers are back too!

April 22, 2008 @ 5:11 PM

Gary

I think the Edge counterpart in Dallas is doing a much better job as far as variety of rock songs goes. I been listening to 102.1 the Edge in Toronto for about 16 years and they should call themselves "Toronto's Mellow Rock, 102.1 the Edge" sorry but K-os, Bedouin Soundclash, Metric, Eminem and Coldplay aren't New Rock, I remember after 7 pm they woupld play the odd Godsmack, Korn and more Disturbed, o well.
Click on this link, post your thoughts:
www.kdge.com

September 18, 2008 @ 12:38 AM

immobilie

Sehr wertvolle Informationen! Empfehlen!

March 14, 2009 @ 11:20 PM