Blades of Glory

A Movie ReelBlades of Glory: 5 out of 10.

This film is super disappointing. Isn't Will Ferrell supposed to be funny?

Much better than "Blades of Glory" is "Blades of Steel", the Nintendo game I adored in the late 80s. Fight!

blades_of_steel_box_art

felix

It's a pass... it's a pass...

March 8, 2008 @ 2:52 AM

felix

Also enjoyable was the fact that only the loser of the fight got dragged to the penalty box.

March 8, 2008 @ 2:54 AM

Toronto Mike

This was actually the first non-Mario Brothers game I ever owned for the NES 8-bit.

March 8, 2008 @ 11:15 AM

SoccerMom

Come on you have to admit the line, "he put the bone in Zamboni" was pretty good! I think the movie was funny only because I watched it with my teenager and he found it a crack-up, which entertained me.

March 8, 2008 @ 6:03 PM

Daniel

Blades of Steel is definitely a classic, but even more old school is "Ice Hockey" for the NES. I recently bought the virtual console version of it for my Wii. That's the thing about nostalgia, it's only the memory that I find pleasant. Once I actually fired it up to play I realized it was terrible and couldn't believe I actually enjoyed playing it. I have to stop trying to resurrect my childhood memories before I ruin them all. haha

March 8, 2008 @ 6:18 PM

Toronto Mike

Back in 1989 I ranked my 10 favourite NES games at the time.

Ice Hockey was #4. I loved that game and I'd love to try it again with the Wii... even though it sounds like I'll be awfully disappointed.

March 8, 2008 @ 6:26 PM

Toronto Mike

And SoccerMom, I think I chuckled a few times, but overall it was a really disappointing film, IMHO.

Maybe I've just seen too many really funny films lately, like Superbad.

March 8, 2008 @ 6:27 PM