I'll Be the Edge Web Guy

radioSince the big Edgefest 2008 announcement, I've spent some time over at http://www.edge102.com/ and it was pretty frustrating. For most of yesterday details were impossible to find and then when they were posted they were incorrect and confusing.

Corus Radio, I'd be more than happy to be your Edge webmaster. I know web technologies, e-marketing and music. Contact me if you want to chat about it.

I first noticed the error below yesterday, but this flyer was still staring me in the face earlier today when I was trying to buy tickets. There was a Tuesday, February 26 and a Wednesday, February 27, but there ain't no Wednesday, February 26.

edgefest2008

Coach Carter

Woah! STP!! So there....

February 27, 2008 @ 8:46 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Sure, but why does it surprise you that they effed up? What do they get right? They are a joke..

February 28, 2008 @ 8:32 AM

Toronto Mike

Jason, I'd love to hear the history of how you grew to dislike a radio station so passionately.

I dislike CHUM-FM, but I don't feel a need to jump all over them at every opportunity. I know many people like CHUM-FM and that we all have different musical tastes.

Something must have happened to you. This can't be about the music. This can't just be that you don't like the Edge 102.1 playlist these days.

Is this because you're missing Marsden's CFNY of the 80s? It's time to move on, turn the station and let it go, dude. Life is short, enjoy your Lily Allen and let others enjoy their STP and Linkin Park.

February 28, 2008 @ 9:04 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Turn the station? Dude we've had this converstion.. I tune in once every 6 months to see if anything has changed. There are people that are passionate about music that work there that don't have the balls to try and make that station bettter. That's the answer to your question. There was no one event, I just find it really freaking pathetic that in a city as big as Toronto we have squat. I don't care if you think I'm wrong, because we can take a poll right now and find out and I'll be dead on the money.

February 28, 2008 @ 2:41 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

And why would I be missing Marsen's CFNY of the 80s when all I have to do is tune in to www.TheRcok.fm thursday and friday nights after 7 o'clock. 7-12 david marsden. yup, that's a cheap plug

February 28, 2008 @ 2:44 PM

Toronto Mike

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm well aware a Corus owned station like CFNY has one goal, I just don't know why you have to hate on people who like music you perceive to be less cool.

If an all Celine Dion station would make money in this city, you'd see one pop up by the end of the quarter. That's how it works.

Commercial = mass consumption = pop.

February 28, 2008 @ 2:46 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

In an earlier post I said "no music was bad".. it's not about cool.. I don't not like STP I just called a spade a spade and a chas grab is a cash grab. They are the same as The Spice Girls, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Verve and many others.. I like everyone on that list..

And dude... a lot of the music I like is pop... it's called "indie" but it isn't... but you'd STILL never hear it on The Edge..

There's only a few bands I truly hate on.. Creed, Nickelback, Linkin Park.. so I hereby applogize to all their loyal fans.. it's only my opinion that it all went downhill once Silverchair and Mason came out.. but I guess I am horribly wrong.. or something

February 28, 2008 @ 2:56 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Also my theory is CFNY expanded their playlist, they WOULD make more money.

You think not?

Too bad no one has the balls to find out anymore

February 28, 2008 @ 2:58 PM

Toronto Mike

I just wish you'd devote this passion and energy to something you can actually change... something that actually matters. Alan Cross isn't going to listen to you unless it's going to result in increased listeners from their targeted demo.

As for the cash grab, welcome to the music biz!

If no music is bad, how about enjoying what you like where you find it and chillaxing on the crusade for a bit. Crusades always end badly...

February 28, 2008 @ 3:08 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Alan Cross won't even listen to himself. Your point has been noted.

February 28, 2008 @ 3:28 PM

Stafford

I've just microwaved a new batch of popcorn for this...gents, continue!

And don't email Gord about this Jason!

February 28, 2008 @ 4:32 PM

Scott

Stafford, send some popcorn this way. Toronto Mike, I believe the ball is in your court.

February 28, 2008 @ 6:52 PM

Rob

Mr. Stafford,
I remeber you saying that if you don't fit the Edge's Demographic, they don't really care what you think.
I no longer fit there Demographic and I no longer listen. Keep up the good work on 640 and I'll keep listening to at least one of the old NY people, that still are on the air. Failing that there is always spritofradio to listen to the old air checks as I huddle around the old 386 (with the math coprocessor)running dos 5.0 and windows 3.1 and just listen.

February 28, 2008 @ 6:53 PM

Toronto Mike

I don't have much more to add, I've written dozens of entries about this station: http://www.torontomike.com/cfny_edge_102/

And Rob, I too have left the 102.1 demographic, and I know they no longer give a rat's ass if I listen. We need a CFNY for grownups: http://www.torontomike.com/2006/08/a_cfny_for_grownups.html

February 28, 2008 @ 7:17 PM