CityPulse Tonight

memoryYouTube user WNED17 recently uploaded some fantastic retro-Toronto-centric gems. These clips have brought back a tonne of memories for me, so I'm going to feature them one by one over the next few weeks.

If you grew up in Toronto, you were told CityTV is Everywhere. I don't know if they're everywhere, but for a period in the 80s they were the cooler place to get your news. Moses created an environment at Queen and John that shook things up nicely.

This clip, from 1984, is an introduction to the nightly CityPulse Tonight newscast. There's Gord Martineau, Anne Mroczkowski, David Onley, Jim McKenny and a guy I don't remember at all.

Here's a Labatt's Newsflash, likely from that very same 1984 day, with extra smiley Anne Mroczkowski.

felix

And of course, "The Voice" Mark Dailey.

February 16, 2008 @ 4:52 AM

Toronto Mike

How could I forget my Facebook friend Mark Dailey.

February 16, 2008 @ 8:56 AM

Mike from Lowville

Anne was hot then and hot now. I remember I told her that face to face at the mistake by the lake. She was there asking fans if the Jays were going to win the series.(I still have the tape of my 10 seconds of fame) The year George Brett homered our dreams away.

February 17, 2008 @ 12:29 PM

Toronto Mike

No doubt, Anne M is a hottie.

You've got to get that 10 seconds on youtube. I'll post it if you do.

George Brett was our Bucky Dent. He went 8 for 23 with 7 walks and single handedly took us out in game #3. Thanks for reminding me.

February 17, 2008 @ 3:25 PM

Mike from Lowville

I thought of that but, every-one would know what I look like. I have one of those radio faces....;0)

February 18, 2008 @ 7:19 AM

Stafford

John Burgess was the entertainment reporter. The voiceover was Glenn Cole, one of the old school types who had a police scanner taped to his ear 24/7. I believe both have passed on to HeavenPulse news.

February 19, 2008 @ 6:53 PM

Chippendales

We just wanted to say that the World Famous Las Vegas Chippendales are coming to Toronto!!

Tuesday, March.24th 2009

Tickets at TICKETMASTER

March 2, 2009 @ 12:06 PM

sean

mistake by the lake - you mean queen's quay terminal> yep, what a shilthole that place is.

August 16, 2010 @ 2:24 PM

s

mistake by the lake - you mean queen's quay terminal? yep, what a shithole that place is.

August 16, 2010 @ 2:25 PM