Angels Laid to Rest
SkyDome was not kind to Boonie's Angels. The fact I'm home writing this tells you we didn't qualify for the playoffs. It was fun and I'm glad we gave it a shot, but we weren't particularly good.
Here's a collection of thoughts...
- At 4:15am, it took me 8 minutes to get to SkyDome.
- At 4:15am, it's impossible not to speed. The speed limit on South Kingsway is 50km/h but just try going less than 70 at that time of day.
- At 4:15am, 102.1 played House of Pain's "Jump Around" and Cypress Hill's "Insane in the Brain" back-to-back. Perfect.
- Hankering for breakfast at 6am on a Sunday, we walked the streets until we found a 24 hour Golden Griddle.
- The teams in this tournament were true teams. They clearly play together all summer long. Our team was a mishmash of players, most of whom don't play together. It took us three games to gel and by then it was too late.
- The dome is cavernous but while playing you totally forget where you are and find yourself totally focused on the game.
- Michelle and James came out for yesterday's game and had a blast.
- It's 10am and I've already been up for six hours! I feel like the host of a morning show.
Only 8 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!