The SLS18 Home Stretch
We're about to put the 18th edition of SLS to bed and for the first time since we started throwing SLS together I've taken my eye off the prize. The past three months have been insanely busy... I haven't even looked at smellslikesour.com let alone maintained the sucker. Still, the show must go on and SLS18 is due at the end of the month.
If you're wondering what the hell this SLS thing is, this guide answers your FAQs. In a nutshell, we (and we is essentially me, although I let one other dude think he's part of the process) pick 20 songs every six months and bless them as SLS-worthy.
Here are the twenty I'm looking at for SLS18. I'll lay down the final tracks in a few weeks.
- Against Me! - Thrash Unreal
- Arcade Fire - No Cars Go
- Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker
- Attack in Black - Young Leaves
- Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun
- Foo Fighters - The Pretender
- Ill Scarlett - Nothing Special
- Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver
- Linkin Park - Bleed it Out
- Matthew Good - Born Losers
- Queens of the Stone Age - 3's and 7's
- Radiohead - Bodysnatchers
- Serj Tankian - Empty Walls
- Silverchair - Straight Lines
- Silversun Pickups - Well Thought Out Twinkles
- Stars - Take Me To The Riot
- The Weakerthans - Civil Twilight
- The White Stripes - You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)
- Velvet Revolver - The Last Fight
Only 3 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!