torontomike.com Status Update

constructionSome of you are here wondering what happened to Fred Patterson's blog www.torontomike.com. At this moment in time, it's tagged with a lovely "This Account Has Been Suspended" notice.

The outage is temporary. We're in the midst of negotiations with Fred's host and hope to have this resolved sooner rather than later. Freddie's not behind in his payments or doing anything illegal with the site, there's just a misunderstanding between us sensible people and a certain BC-based hosting company.

We're working on it. He'll be back. Stephen Harper's making sure of it.

JIM

Its Dalton's fault
damn Liberals

November 30, 2007 @ 9:27 AM

Toronto Mike

As I told Fred last night, even one minute of Freddie P downtime could tilt things in St├ęphane Dion's favour.

November 30, 2007 @ 9:30 AM

JIM

I think we need a formal RCMP investigation as to how this could happen

November 30, 2007 @ 10:30 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Yeah, honestly, what's Harper gonna do? Harper should pay for it.

November 30, 2007 @ 11:32 AM

Pam

I think David Miller's behind it.

November 30, 2007 @ 11:40 AM

Toronto Mike

Maybe it's an alliance behind this: Miller, McGuinty and Dion. FP was becoming to influential and had to be stopped.

November 30, 2007 @ 11:49 AM

Phil Evans

I think it's brilliant that as soon as Freddie's site goes down, people immediately turn to Toronto Mike to find out what's happening. You're like the CNN of blogs.

November 30, 2007 @ 11:57 AM

Trish

Freddie is a good boy who loves his children. I blame the authorities who failed to protect him. Where is the justice?

November 30, 2007 @ 11:59 AM

Pam

Do you think we could get Freddie to come over here and give his views on the OCAD bomber?

November 30, 2007 @ 12:27 PM

Toronto Mike

I have a freddiep.ca update...

It's back online, but only in limited form. That means you can't leave comments and Fred can't update it.

I told Fred to comment here until we get him back in the swing of things. I suspect we'll hear from him here soon...

This is BNN... the Blog News Network.

November 30, 2007 @ 1:31 PM

Freddie P

Thanks for the interest everyone. My phone has been ringing off the hook all day with people wondering "whats wrong with your website."

I've also had a whack of e-mails.

Mike has explained it better than I can and it should be resolved by Monday, once Dalton McGuinty gets off his ass and fulfills the promise he made back in 2003 to not let popular websites get screwed around by BC hosting companies.

Meanwhile I just got off the phone with Stephen Harper and he said the hysteria over global warming, even though its subzero in November, may have caused a routing problem through the western Canadian internet and he's doing all he can to fix it but he's not getting much cooperation from from the loonie left in BC, who will take any opportunity to make him look bad while he's trying to help a chubby little fella in Brampton, Ontario.

November 30, 2007 @ 3:47 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

well phil, this naturally what happens when people google Fred.. i don't know if that's brilliant as much as it is just helpful

November 30, 2007 @ 3:57 PM

Toronto Mike

I disagree, I think it's brilliant.

November 30, 2007 @ 4:22 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Anyone who has mentioned him enjoys a little extra traffic. That's not brilliant it's just... Google.

Welcome to search engine 101.

You don't have to be brilliant to type a URL into Google.

November 30, 2007 @ 6:00 PM

Sweet Pam

Freddie, I totally luv you. Pam

November 30, 2007 @ 10:10 PM

LEW

Send us hash, Molson Ex and few Federal hand-outs and we'll give the bastard back.

November 30, 2007 @ 11:09 PM

Toronto Mike

The current situation with freddiep.ca is actually quite interesting. When it's all fixed up, I'll likely write about it in more detail.

They say there's freedom of speech on the world wide web, where you can speak your mind, but I'm not sure it's as free as it should be. As I work with the hosting company to resolve this, I'm started to suspect Fred's the victim of a good 'ol fashioned DoS.

December 1, 2007 @ 11:44 AM

Toronto Mike

Propagation is complete for me. That was fast. The new www.freddiep.ca is online. The FP blackout of 2007 is over!

December 2, 2007 @ 6:15 PM