More On My 1992 Blue Jays

Blue JaysOn the fifteenth anniversary of our first World Series title, I'm feeling awfully nostalgic. I just shared the story of how I spent that night, and now it's time to share some audio and video from a historic night in Toronto baseball history.

First, we must never forget the call nobody heard. Here's Tom Cheek calling the Otis Nixon bunt to Mike Timlin, who is actually participating in another World Series as I type. "Pitch on the way ... and it's a bunted ball, first base side, Timlin to Carter ... and the Blue Jays win it! The Blue Jays win it! The Blue Jays are World Series Champions!"

This video montage came from the video cassette we all owned. It's the cheesiest music you'll ever hear, but you see Devo's catch, Robbie's tomahawk chop, Winfield's double and the historic final out.

Mike Kic

Booner,

This was the video I sent you and Engell, the day of our finals. Thanks for posting it, it's truly a classic.

October 24, 2007 @ 10:53 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

I would have to believe that Carter is the only player ever to make the final game winning out in a world series and then the following year hit a walk off worldseries winning homerun.

October 25, 2007 @ 7:40 AM

Doug

What does Walk off home run mean? I never understood that term.

October 25, 2007 @ 7:48 AM

Toronto Mike

A walk off hit means everyone gets to walk off the field afterwards because the hit has ended the game.

I had a walk off hit recently when I drove in the winning run to win our little championship.

Joe Carter is the only player to finish a World Series with a walk off homer.

October 25, 2007 @ 8:40 AM

Megan

One of the best days of my life!! Pat Borders MVP! Good times....

October 25, 2007 @ 9:18 AM

Toronto Mike

And Buffalo Boy, I think you're right. Has the same player ended two world series in a row? I highly doubt it... I would argue Joe Carter's homer is the biggest hit in MLB history.

October 25, 2007 @ 9:29 AM

Stephanie

How can one NOT get all goosebumpy after watching that, cheesey music and all... Good times, for sure. Think about all the people in Denver who are the age we were back in 1992 and wish the same on them for this year. Go Rockies GO!!!

October 25, 2007 @ 12:12 PM