Losing My Wedding Ring

weddingIt's only a matter of time, but I'm going to lose my wedding ring. I don't know if my finger is slimmer or what, but it's been feeling awfully loose these past few weeks. Earlier today, while throwing something into the garbage, my wedding ring flew off my hand. Eventually this will happen and I won't notice it and my wedding ring will be lost forever.

Sure, I can get the ring refitted, but what if my finger goes back to its former size? Maybe this slimness is temporary and related to the weather? I don't want to resize my ring and then realize it's too tight and this looseness thing was temporary.

Until I decide what how to address this great ring dilemma I'm going to throw it on my right hand. Who's going to stop me?

Doug

It's 31 weeks of running....you are bound to lose weight even on your fingers.

October 11, 2007 @ 3:09 PM

Al

I lost my wedding ring...on our honeymoon. That's right...and she's still with me 7 years later, I guess she's a keeper. Just like you, it was loose on my finger, and I think I lost it in the pool. It was after 10 PM and we had a bunch of staff and guests wading throught the pool trying to find it. It was never found. The joke now is that there is a Mexican out there with a gold tooth with the words "Tanya and Allan 2000" engraved on it.

October 11, 2007 @ 7:13 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

I have a totally different problem Mike, I cant wear my wedding ring because its too small. Its a size 13, Im not fat, i just have big fingers and the damn thing wont fit. In order to get it any bigger than it came we have to add more metal.

October 11, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

Toronto Mike

If my memory serves me correctly, mine is a size 10.

Btw, now that you have a blog, you can stick the URL in the URL field when you leave comments here... just like Al did.

October 11, 2007 @ 9:26 PM

Roshan

Who's gonna stop you?

Your wife! Did u run that by her before you changed the ring onto ur right hand? Women can get nasty about slight changes like that. And I'd like you to still be able to blog after she spotted it :)

October 12, 2007 @ 8:36 PM

Toronto Mike

I didn't wear it today, and I'm still her to blog about it!

October 12, 2007 @ 8:37 PM