92.5 Jack FM Morning Guys Fired

radioHere's a Toronto Mike exclusive for ya. One of my radio friends just told me the morning guys at 92.5 JackFM have been let go. I checked around and nobody else has this massive news bomb. Ben and Kerry are best known for those ads with the two grown men slipping out of a giant egg, which you'll see below.

I never heard a second of the Ben and Kerry morning show, but maybe you did, so this exclusive report is all about you.

Annemarie

I love that commercial! Makes me laugh every time. Not sure if I ever heard Ben & Kerry though as I listen to 99.9 Mix FM primarily.

August 16, 2007 @ 4:40 PM

Rob

So could this mean that a certain out of work for the last year (one of them, the other two years) morning team might have a shot at this slot?

August 16, 2007 @ 10:01 PM

Toronto Mike

I think Standard would have an issue with that.

August 16, 2007 @ 10:31 PM

shane alexander

yeah. that's if standard is still paying 'em..

man, i was going to safe this breaking news till friday.

August 17, 2007 @ 1:16 AM

shane alexander

btw..jeff chalmers is taking over the morning duties.

August 17, 2007 @ 1:18 AM

Glen

I hate the way radio stations do this. I don't know if it's bad ratings or whatever, but just one day you will wake up and some boring assclown is your new radio dj and they even had time to redo all the promo's. I stopped listening to 99.9 Mix when they let Humble Howard go unexpectedly, and their music choices are pretty suspect, unless you like Canadian Idol drivel. I think they mentioned this morning that they have a new morning show starting Sept 4.

August 17, 2007 @ 7:40 AM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Humble and Fred on 92.5 get behind it!!!!!

August 17, 2007 @ 7:43 AM

Toronto Mike

Honestly Buffalo Boy, I don't think that's even an option for another year.

August 17, 2007 @ 7:45 AM

Pat the Cat

I am SO upset. Ben and Kerry were hilarious. Wherever they show up again, I'll switch. I too hate it when the Powers That Be do stuff like this. What next? Ax Sam and Larisa in the afternoon? Why not just shoot themselves in the foot now and get it over with. Not many decent stations to choose from anymore (or I'm getting old...)

August 17, 2007 @ 8:11 AM

Alli

I knew something was up the minute I saw the Ben & Kerry quiz was changed to read The Morning Show quiz. B&K were soooo funny and did a much better job than Jeff Chalmers who, in my opinion, is a bit lame.

I actually looked forward to morning shows again with B&K. Previous to them I used to really enjoy Humble and Fred until they mysteriously disappeared and then was stuck with Mad Dog & Billie.

Why do they just yank the rug out from under our feet without any warning or explanation??? I am quite miffed about the whole thing.

August 17, 2007 @ 8:33 AM

shane alexander

because they're scared you'd get miffed about the whole thing and change the channel. :)

August 17, 2007 @ 8:51 AM

Alli

Just heard a blurb...

NEW SHOW starting SEPT 3 with the likes of: Jeff and Carly.

Hope it's not another Mad Dog and Billie...

August 17, 2007 @ 10:19 AM

john

to bad it was a good show I called thgis mopring and larry silver answered and said they were history

August 17, 2007 @ 11:11 AM

Brooke

I don't know why, but Jeff Chalmers reminds me of Jeff Goldblum (sounds like him, talks all weird). I can't imagine why they would hire him. Ben and Kerry were hilarious. I guess they were too funny and now they're going for the lame factor like every other morning show.

August 20, 2007 @ 9:20 AM

Jackie

So .. another morning show duo hits the dust? Did someone think they were being insulted? B&K's sense of humor was refreshing, and they weren't afraid to speak their minds. They got me hooked on Jack FM - never missed it in the mornings. Not any more! Sorry, but Jeff Chalmers just doesn't cut it in my book. I hope some other 'smart' radio station picks them up. Where they go - I go!

August 21, 2007 @ 8:16 PM

Tim

are people joking? they sucked. i was at the point where if i heard one more story about the guy's stepson, or their thoughts on politics, i was tuning out forever. i kinda feel sorry for them, though, in the sense that they obviously uprooted their families to come to Toronto.

August 23, 2007 @ 3:32 PM

Pauline

Jeff Chalmers has been around awhile and is a decent DJ...but morning show? Nah. I used to listen to Ben & Kerry when they were on the Kitchener station just prior to moving to Jack. Definitely refreshing. The merry-go-round of DJs just gets more ridiculous.

August 24, 2007 @ 9:10 AM

Matt H

hi there, I have to admit, the first time I heard Ben and Kerry, I wasn't sure if I'd like them, but I have been laughing my ass off ever since. These two guys are the most down-to-earth radio personalities! They were a HUGE asset to JACKFM and I'd love to be able to tell them that myself. The show was incredible...and I've tried to listen to the new show this week and there is no chemistry in my opinion, Sam and Larissa were a great afternoon pair, Jeff is a good DJ but nothin' compares to Ben/Kerry's morning show. To me, that's saying alot as I grew up to Humble and Fred!
Ben, Kerry, if you read this, pop me an email....You two have a lifetime supporter right here...and if you were sports oriented...crap...that makes me an athletic supporter!

BEST of Luck gentlemen, whatever station picks you up will be LUCKY to have you!!!
Cheers!
Matthew

August 24, 2007 @ 3:53 PM

Tony

Sorry but I have to disagree. Ben and Kerry were terrible and I stopped listening to Jack becuase of them. Sam and Larissa on the other hand are great and should take over, well atleast half of them are. I don't like Jeff either but he is more tollerable than Ben and Kerry.

August 24, 2007 @ 9:58 PM

Andy S

I do feel sorry for the guys and their families moving into town and settling in, but in my opinion, they sucked. All their talk was so pre-planned and rehearsed, it was to damn blah. On the other hand, Sam and Larissa are fantastic, the best I heard in a long time and should be moved into the a.m. & late afternoon spot. I heard we are getting Carlie Classon from Q107 for a.m. But still, 24 hours of no DJ's was my all time favorite. Can't beat MP3's in the car.

August 26, 2007 @ 2:39 PM

Carol

Ben & Kerry sucked. Who cares what they think. As soon as I heard their voices I changed channels. Sam & Larissa in the am - Carly & Jeff in the afternoon. By the way - what's Carly been doing since she left Q107

August 27, 2007 @ 8:43 AM

Bob

Hey Its gonna be Jeff Chalmers in the morning with Larissa and Sam on right after then Jeff (different jeff) with carly. and it looks like they are still looking for weekend and evening people. And has anyone else noticed the music has kinda been shifting a little towards more rock?

August 27, 2007 @ 9:51 PM

Anne Marie

Sorry, but Ben and Kerry were boring. Their morning show sucked. Both my husband and I stopped listening. I do feel sorry for them, though. Maybe they should have been given a chance to revamp the show...but I guess listeners voted by tuning out.

August 27, 2007 @ 10:03 PM

patthecat

Hey Bob, sure have noticed the change of music, along with the revamped website. Now it's "Jack Rocks", rather than "we play what we want". Sam actually played a REQUEST this morning! What is this? They are definitely trying to hit the "aging male boomers" now...too much head banging "guy" bands. Just how many AC/DC songs do I now have to suffer during one day? I only suffer it for the odd decent classic. Thank God I'm a Queen fan. Detest Jimi Hendrix though, and G&R, urgh Axel Rose always sounds like he's playing with himself when he sings! If I hear that Ben & Kerry pop up somewhere else, I'm there. My husband and I both loved their humour and the way they would rant if something really warranted it. We typically agreed with their views, plus they were damn funny. No other morning show measured up to them.Just because I'm a female boomer doesn't mean I have to get stuck with boring pussy stations like Easy Rock and CHFI (although their oldies shows are good). Jack was great when it first started. Why can't they get back to the original formula? Here endeth my rant...thanks!

August 30, 2007 @ 2:34 PM

Barbara

I too am disappointed that Ben and Kerry are gone. I didn't understand why I was hearing Samantha Steven's in for Jeff Chalmers...so I googled it and found it about their firing. Also, I don't like the new format. Please return to "We play what we want." Way better...I don't like listening to Jack anymore.

August 31, 2007 @ 8:27 AM

Debbie

I live in Kitchener and listen to 107.5 Dave Fm where Ben and Kerry were originally before moving to Toronto to be on 92.5 Jack Fm which I also listen to as I am a truck driver and am usually in the area. The guys did move their families from Cambridge because of this new gig so I really feel for them and their families. Hope they get new gigs and hope they learn what the audience really wants to hear!! I don't think they suck but sometimes Ben could be a bit repetitive!! Especially when you have heard him b4 on another station!! Good Luck to Ben and Kerry!!

September 5, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

bob 2

Ive followed ben from way back at 977 htz.and have heard many of the things he has done for charities,one thing for sure he has a big heart.i look forward to finding out where he turns up

October 20, 2007 @ 2:47 PM

Nick

Ben & Kerry are on y108 now.

January 7, 2008 @ 9:58 PM

Frenz

I liked Chris & Jodi on Y108. I heard Ben & Kerry on Monday and now I'm a Jack listener. Jeff & Carly are the best drive home show and Q's mornings are getting to boring. Jack is the new "Once Mighty Q".

January 9, 2008 @ 1:27 PM

Johny

I used to think that Ben and Kerry were radio campy, but now on Y108 they just sound obnoxious. It seems like they go out of their way now to be edgy, and they come off as fake as they did on Jack FM (that station is a sell-out in my opinion with the format change, but that's another story). I was listening to a promo and one of them was making a news joke while the other sounded like they were going to burst a blood vessel trying to force themselves to laugh.

Thank goodness i get Opie and Anthony out of Buffalo on 103.3. Their radio show is hilarious!

February 8, 2008 @ 12:13 PM

Jeff

Ben and Kerry are lousy. These guys have been booted from multiple radio stations, and yet they keep getting jobs. Why? They are neither funny nor entertaining.

March 5, 2008 @ 2:38 PM

fab

what happen to larissa on jack

April 11, 2008 @ 10:22 PM

BM

Fired. That's it.

April 14, 2008 @ 8:51 PM

B&K are Terrible

Ben and Kerry were the worst. When they were doing the morning show I found myself turning jack off a lot. There music selection wasn't OK but not as good as the pre-B&K Era. And if I wanted to listen to two idiots talking on the radio I'd listen to the edge. And on top of it when Jack gets out of range I listen to 108 and Ben and Kerry are on there now. A second station destroyed. In the mornings I don't want to hear all this loud stammering I want to just listen to some music and hear the news.

May 16, 2008 @ 8:43 AM

Trixie

I am personal friends with both these guys and I find that they are two of the most kind hearted, caring people I have ever met. Sure they can be obnoxious and crazy on the air, but who isn't? If you dont like their show, then turn the station. But don't intentionally bash them b/c you don't like their morning show. They have made alot of sacrifices, and moved their families around and up-rooted their children from schools to try to give them the best life possible. Give them a chance and don't judge them by what they say on the air. They are two of the most intelligent, knowledgable men I've ever met.
Keep in mind it's a scripted show to get ratings and shock value. Give them a chance.
Love you Ben & Kerry, Keep Rockin!

March 1, 2009 @ 8:30 PM