Shows I Watched: WKRP in Cincinnati

tvI loved WKRP in Cincinnati. It was a great collection of characters and it made radio seem so cool. I frequently recall moments from those four seasons and smile.

If anyone has the closing theme song in MP3 form, throw it my way. Here's the extended opening theme from season one, my all-time favourite.

Update: Here's the gibberish driven closing theme song. Awesome.

Jill

The end theme song is great but what the hell are they saying?

June 23, 2007 @ 11:50 AM

Toronto Mike

Nothing! It's gibberish. Even with no recognizable words, it's awesome.

I think I'll add the closing theme to this entry.

June 23, 2007 @ 11:53 AM

Mad Mal

It was just released on DVD, but all the song rights ran out and modern music has been dubbed on. The song Johnny Fever plays when he says "Booger!" is no something that totally doesnt go with the story. Great show none the less.

June 23, 2007 @ 5:24 PM

Jill

so true.....there is also a segment where Les Nessman is putting on his tupae(spelling) and in the original airing the music being played was Foreigners Hot Blooded and it perfectly set the mood. Now due to copyright infringements it is some generic studio mix. My favorite episode was the one where Johnny Fever was doing a live broadcast from a stereo shop while the place gets held up.

June 23, 2007 @ 10:00 PM

Toronto Mike

Speed kills, Del.

I loved so many episodes, but I particularly liked it when Johnny's reflexes improved with every drink he had. Then there's the classic softball episode when Les has to make the catch in left field. Cue the violins...

June 24, 2007 @ 8:08 AM

Al

What a great show this was. I too am interested in that closing tune if you can find it Mike. No clue who the band is. I hate it when they put out the DVDs of classic shows and cahnge all the music, in some cases that music is one of the things that makes the show great. I've collected the entire 21 Jump Street Series and they had to do the same thing. The episodes are just so cheezy with the replacement music. I never realized how important the music was to that show until I had to watch it without it. Now that I know they've done the same to WKRP I'm not even going to consider buying the DVDs. Such as shame that the companies that put these DVDs out have to be so greedy as to stiff the artists who's music made these shows what they were.

June 25, 2007 @ 11:12 AM

Al

BTW, I forgot to include my favourite WKRP quote:

"As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

I used that quote on the GO Train once in reference to the show...one guy within earshot who overheard the conversation began to snicker, giving away the fact he was listening.

June 25, 2007 @ 11:19 AM

Doug

"Cop's got a hat; I want a hat."

On the softball episode, I loved it when Bucky was playing 3rd base, drinking a beer and snagged a hard liner right at him without even trying.

June 25, 2007 @ 2:01 PM