Mika Brzezinski Rips Paris

newspaperI must confess, I had never heard of MSNBC reporter Mika Brzezinski, but this footage of her refusing to open with a story on Paris Hilton is pretty damn cool.

Jill

How did I miss this? Thanks for sharing. This woman is very ballsy and full of integrity. Her cohosts are morons. Paris Hilton is not newsworthy.....entertaining yes......but not the news.

June 29, 2007 @ 10:31 PM

Mike H

I appreciate her intent, I really do, but that has to be one of the most unprofessional things I've seen on live TV. On everyone's part.

June 30, 2007 @ 5:17 AM

Toronto Mike

Does anyone watch MSNBC anyway?

June 30, 2007 @ 8:46 AM

Anonymous

Mike H. Paris is entertaining? name one thing that she does to entertain? The only footage you see of her is her walking somewhere...how is she entertaining? she doesnt sing, cant act, and she plays no professional sports and she to me at least, is not even remotely good looking.
There is nothing newsworthy about her whatsoever and I applaud Mika for realizing that there are more important stories to make the american public aware of. The other two on that show should be on the same page as her...if they were real journalist and reported news they would leave paris hilton for the tabloids, not national headline news.

June 30, 2007 @ 9:32 AM

Al

THat was awesome, good on her. I have to disagree with Anon on one thng, she did entertain me once, when she got f*cked on the world wide web. Now that was entertainment. That's really all she seems to be good for.

June 30, 2007 @ 10:38 AM

Jill

Anonymous.....it was I that described Paris as entertaining. I think I was trying to drive the point home that this chick should not be headlining a News Channel. I would expect to hear of her antics on a tabloid program such as Entertainment tonight but not as Current Events during the news.

June 30, 2007 @ 11:06 AM

Toronto Mike

Hey Al, that word isn't on the banned list. No * required. And even that video wasn't that entertaining... she seemed bored by it all.

June 30, 2007 @ 11:34 AM

Mike H

Thanks Jill. :)

Again, I'll say that I agree wholeheartedly with what Mika felt. My beef is that she was acting unprofessionally (try to grab the story and burn it? c'mon). I think her co-hosts were MORE unprofessional for berating her on live TV though, and I think that may have contributed to her behavior.

I would have loved to see the look on the director's face. :)

June 30, 2007 @ 1:48 PM

Al

So Mike, what you're saying is that essentially the one thing Paris DOES seem good at, she realy is't THAT good at either. I'd have to agree.

Jill, I completely, whole-heartedly, 100%, totally agree with you.

Mike H. It WAS unprofessional af all of them, even the producer who—even after she refused to do the story—put the page back in front of her to read. The entire thing was a debacle and entertaining as hell. I don't care about any of these people so I don't care weather they were professional or not. But I respect her intent.

July 1, 2007 @ 10:44 AM